Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scanning of TV-series does not work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

I'm having a bit of trouble with scanning TV-series into my library. I've got two main issues, which I can't really fix by myself.

#1:
I've sorted all of my series by seasons in separated foders. For example (path):
Series1\Season 1\01. Episodename 1.mkv
The problem seems to be the correct naming of the files. I've read the wiki, but even my test runs with the pattern Series1\s01e01.mkv did not succed.
The name of the series is displayed in the library, but the files are not listed under the name. No matter what filename I try!

Is it possible, to use my name pattern to get the series into my library? I don't want to rename every single episode.

#2:
Some series are stored in english, some in german. The filenames all differ by the different language. But the library (it worked for online one series) lists the complete series in the main language, as selected in xbmc setup.
Is it possible to store one season in english and another in german?

Thank you, for your help!
try using epnamer to name your files - they will then be in a better state for the scraper.

http://www.epnamer.com/
I second EpNamer.
Yup I use exactly the same naming convention. Try the following regex, you will need to create and advancedsettings.xml file in your userdata folder details are here

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml

the following should be in your XML file

Quote:<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)(-[0-9]+)?</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

this regex also allows for multiple episodes seperated with a "-"
eg. series1\Season1\01-02. Episode name.mkv

I hope this helps
Removed
or name them....

series name/Season 01/1x01

then scrape and build your library
then export library as seperate files
this will put a 1x01.tbn for the preview icon and also a 1x01.nfo containing the episode name, date aired, rating and plot you should have zero problems with scraping then plus it also comes in handy if ever you need to uninstall and reinstall xbmc, reduces the first library update dramatically Nod