Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: can i just install the nightly builds over the top of my current install?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all, i'm running a nightly dharma build from a few weeks ago on win7 and thought that i may as well update it. But i was wondering if i can just download the latest one and simply install in the default directory, as i did previously. I don't want to have to change all my settings / libraries / skins etc...

thanks Smile
Yup should be fine to upgrade that way - i always recommend taking a copy of your xbmc directory before updating. Then if you do have issues you can always restore it.
thanks Smile
prae5 Wrote:Yup should be fine to upgrade that way - i always recommend taking a copy of your xbmc directory before updating. Then if you do have issues you can always restore it.

I always backup my Program Files/xbmc folder as well as the folder under Roaming (Win7) before doing an upgrade to a newer SVN. It's saved me a bunch of times lol