Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: most stable version not on PPA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been helping my step-dad with XBMC (he knows jack about linux and i know a little). At first we were just using the "install inside windows" version of Ubuntu 10.04 to test it out before ditching XP Media Center. He decided he liked it last week we formated the drive and did a full install of 10.04... this also happened to be the time that the PPA came down and has been down since.

Can someone suggest another place or way to install XBMC (preferably a stable version) other than what is in the wiki w/ full instructions on how to do so.
wouldn't it make more sense to just install a recent XBMCfreak live CD and be done with it? of course only in case he doesn't need the full ubuntu desktop...
Hannes The Hun Wrote:wouldn't it make more sense to just install a recent XBMCfreak live CD and be done with it? of course only in case he doesn't need the full ubuntu desktop...

it will be used for web browsing and other things too. He likes having the option of having a full desktop on there in case he needs it
Wouldn't it have been better to clone the PPA, fiddle around with it, test it and make sure it works before replacing the PPA that did work?!
noakesey Wrote:Wouldn't it have been better to clone the PPA, fiddle around with it, test it and make sure it works before replacing the PPA that did work?!

You're hired ! Now be prepared to spend all your waking free time on XBMC development and distribution.
The SVN PPA is pretty darn stable if you ask me Nod
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc