Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Any way to fix these issues with the tv library? using advancedsettings.xml
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I make it add this 1 to the NCIS tv library?

NCIS - S01 E01 - YANKEE WHITE...

Painkiller.Jane.S01E01-TOPAZ and a lot of others that end with TOPAZ don't get added to the tv library

How do I make it add a movie to a tvshow if the movie is located in the season 4 folder: Prison.Break.The.Final.Break...

why does it not add Smallville.S07E03? but it adds the rest of s7 with exact same folder name except E Number?

How can I make it understand that to take the season and eps nr from the folder if it's got Dirfix in the foldername?

I usually put them like this:

Tvrips\Stargate Universe\Season 1\Stargate.Universe.S01E15...DIRFIX-HOMEMADE\Stargate.Universe.S01E17...

This is actually eps 15 however it's been named with the wrong episode nr. And no I can't rename it.

how do I make it add a folder with the name Pilot in it to tvshow because my Virtuality folder is empty where it's suppose to have: Virtuality.Pilot...

1 last question any tips for how to make it add Extras/Specials in a better way so they get S0 or E0 or something? at least not show up as if they were a episode?

I forgot to ask is there any way to add manually a tv episode to the tv library because tv.com tvrage.com tvdb... all says The Lost room is 3 episodes however I got eps 1 as eps 1 and 2 and eps 2 as 3 and 4 and eps 3 as 5 and 6?(I got 6eps where tv.com and the others says there is only 3) or is the only way to have these added to merge my eps 1 and 2 into eps1?

They call eps 1: The Key and The Clock however my eps is The Key and my eps 2 is The Clock
SoWErA Wrote:How can I make it add this 1 to the NCIS tv library?

Painkiller.Jane.S01E01.DVDRip.XviD-TOPAZ and a lot of others that end with TOPAZ don't get added to the tv library
I'm assuming these files are rar'd as topaz release use odd names in their rars. You will need to use custom regexp's to pic these up.

See here for more info http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51614

Quote:How do I make it add a movie to a tvshow if the movie is located in the season 4 folder: Prison.Break.The.Final.Break...
You need to rename the file correctly. All specials are season 00. In this case that episode is S00E10, rename it to Prison.Break.S00E10.The.Final.Break... and it will pick it up. You can always look up episode numbers at thetvdb.

Quote:why does it not add Smallville.S07E03.720p.Bluray.x264-ORPHEUS? but it adds the rest of s7 with exact same folder name except E Number?
Pass, would need a debug log of a scan. Is the file rar'd - whats the actual file name in the rars if so.

Quote:How can I make it understand that to take the season and eps nr from the folder if it's got Dirfix in the foldername?

Tvrips\Stargate Universe\Season 1\Stargate.Universe.S01E15...DIRFIX-HOMEMADE\Stargate.Universe.S01E17...

This is actually eps 15 however it's been named with the wrong episode nr. And no I can't rename it.
Your on your own here, you might be able to achieve it using a custom regexp or rename it.

Quote:how do I make it add a folder with the name Pilot in it to tvshow because my Virtuality folder is empty where it's suppose to have: Virtuality.Pilot...
Don't understand what you mean.

Quote:1 last question any tips for how to make it add Extras/Specials in a better way so they get S0 or E0 or something? at least not show up as if they were a episode?
Extra's and specials are treated as specials as mentioned above, they are all prefixed with season 00, and given sequential numbers. You can check them on thetvdb. The will be show in the correct order in your episode list too.

I suggest you read this too
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_...eo_Library)
is not rared it's mkv files guessing it's the S0 E0 that it's got a problem with any suggestion of how to make it add that part also in the advancedsettings.xml?

I just noticed why it didn't add 7e03 of Smallville the files are named sample at the end of the filenames(rars) so guessing it removed it since it normally doesn't add samples.

Do you know of any way to manually add this single episode in the advancedsettings.xml?
I meen a single ocasion skipping the sample skipper.

how do I make it add a folder with the name Pilot in it to tvshow because my Virtuality folder is empty where it's suppose to have: Virtuality.Pilot...

I will try and write it clearer for you:
there is a tvshow called Virtuality with only 1 episode so far it's a pilot without season or episode number: Tvrips\Virtuality\Virtuality.Pilot...\virtuality.pilot....r00
how do I make it add this 1, perhaps I can manually add it using advancedsettings.xml considering how it's just 1 episode I need added to the Virtuality folder in the tv library.

There ain't any way to add Prison.Break.The.Final.Break.2009... to the special folder without renaming the rar files? perhaps put it in a season 0 folder or something? Perhaps I am better of putting this tv-movie in my movie folder and adding it as a tvlink to the Prison break show that way it will be at the bottom I think Smile

Thanks for all your answers to my other questions appreciate any help I can get.
SoWErA Wrote:NCIS - S01 E01 - YANKEE WHITE...
is not rared it's mkv files guessing it's the S0 E0 that it's got a problem with any suggestion of how to make it add that part also in the advancedsettings.xml?
Delete the spacing between S01 & E01 - ie S01E01.
SoWErA Wrote:how do I make it add a folder with the name Pilot in it to tvshow because my Virtuality folder is empty where it's suppose to have: Virtuality.Pilot...

I will try and write it clearer for you:
there is a tvshow called Virtuality with only 1 episode so far it's a pilot without season or episode number: Tvrips\Virtuality\Virtuality.Pilot...\virtuality.pilot....r00
how do I make it add this 1, perhaps I can manually add it using advancedsettings.xml considering how it's just 1 episode I need added to the Virtuality folder in the tv library.
Try adding a season folder eg:- Tvrips\Virtuality\Season 1\etc , or add a season and episode number to your filename ie Virtuality.pilot.S01E01......r00 - there is an entry for the show in thetvdb, therefore providing you use that as your scraper it should scrape OK. By the way XBMC won't add anything - eg a folder, where one doesn't exist, you need to create one.
Nobody answered this question.

Is there any way to add manually a tv episode to the tv library because tv.com tvrage.com tvdb... all says The Lost room is 3 episodes however I got eps 1 as eps 1 and 2 and eps 2 as 3 and 4 and eps 3 as 5 and 6?(I got 6eps where tv.com and the others says there is only 3) or is the only way to have these added to merge my eps 1 and 2 into eps1?

They call eps 1: The Key and The Clock however my eps is The Key and my eps 2 is The Clock

By the way about Virtuality it won't help to put it in a Season 1 folder and renaming rar files is not an option.
The problem with "The Lost Room" is that you have the Mini-series that was created from the original 3 part series. From Wikipedia:

Code:
The miniseries is presented as six "one-hour" (48 minute) episodes, rather than as three "two-hour"
episodes as originally broadcast. These are named "The Key", "The Clock", "The Comb", "The Box",
"The Eye", and "The Occupant". The reason for the change in presentation and titles is unknown.
The DVD also includes an 18-minute long "making-of" featurette, Inside the Lost Room,
with comments from the writers and actors.

There are 2 ways you could try and fix this. You could take your ep1 and ep2 and merge them into 1 file. Or, you might consider adding a new entry for The Lost Room - Miniseries to thetvdb.com that has the 6 episode info.
SoWErA Wrote:Nobody answered this question.

Is there any way to add manually a tv episode to the tv library because tv.com tvrage.com tvdb... all says The Lost room is 3 episodes however I got eps 1 as eps 1 and 2 and eps 2 as 3 and 4 and eps 3 as 5 and 6?(I got 6eps where tv.com and the others says there is only 3) or is the only way to have these added to merge my eps 1 and 2 into eps1?

By the way about Virtuality it won't help to put it in a Season 1 folder and renaming rar files is not a option.

And about NCIS is there no way to add to the advancedsettings.xml that it should add s01 e01 also and not just s01e01?

Why exactly is renaming RARs not an option? You're making things extremely overly complicated for yourself, when a simple file rename and folder creation could solve half of your problems. Just rename the files.

The other thing you need to realize is that the advancedsettings.xml file is not for what you seem to think it is. It's for enabling and disabling lots of other options, and custom configurations. You can't really use it to make it add something to the library. That's not what it's for. It's for large changes (such as having just an episode number, without seasons or such. It's not for adding a single file that you're refusing to simply rename).

EDIT: And a third thing: Your Virtuality problem would be fixed if you simply named the file properly. The Pilot episode is S01E01. Use TheTVDB.com. It will tell you exactly what episodes are what, so you know what to name them. For example, here is the page for Virtuality, showing you that you need to rename the pilot: http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&serie...5181&lid=7
Gotta think its a torrent problem - if so I'd suggest downloading from a tracker that names files in a more acceptable manner.

Given your reluctance to rename, your only recourse will be a custom regexp. Custom regexps can be set-up to cover most situations and placed in the advancedsettings file - post/search in the appropriate thread (its even a sticky at the top of this section and see whether those with experience of regexp's will help).
Found the answer for how to add:
to the xbmc tv library and others with the same filename structure:
<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
<regexp>[\._ \-][Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]? [Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

Thanks by the way about custom regexps that's how I solved the problem above.

I guess I will have to keep looking for the other answers:

*How to make it add TOPAZ folders/files

*How to make it add a tv-movie at the end of a season(Prison.Break.The.Final.Break...)

*How to make it understand dirfixes where it's like this:
This is eps 15 however it's been named with the wrong episode nr. And no I can't rename it(since it's not for me to rename).

*How to make it add Extras/Specials in a way that looks better

*How to make it add all episodes named Showname.Pilot as 1e01 to there showname in the tv library
And if it's not possibole then how to add a tv episode manually if xbmc is not willing to find it.
Check that same board for TOPAZ regexp settings. The rest of your issues are renaming issues. If you can't (or won't) put in the correct name, there's not much you can do
Tkx Terran found this for solving Topaz releases Smile

<regexp>(?i)[/\\]tpz-(?:24|30rock|4400)(\d)(\d{2})(\d{2})?(?:r|fix|dc|-repack|int|d)?\.</regexp> <!-- tzp-SPECIFICSHOW12324.avi This attempts to cater for some odditys -->
<regexp>(?i)[/\\]tpz-johnadams(\d).avi</regexp> <!-- tpz-johnadams2.avi. Another TPX divergence from their own naming scheme. XBMC will assume Season 1 if only one match-->
<regexp>(?i)[/\\]tpz-[^\d]*(\d)(\d{2})(\d{2})?(?:r|fix|dc|-repack|int|d)?\.</regexp> <!-- tzp-show12324.avi -->

</tvshowmatching>

this 1 finds TOPAZ releases
New problem

I just added CSI to my tv library however this 1 adds itself as 4x04 even as 4x04 allready been added from season 4 folder while this file is in season 5 folder: CSI.S05E19.4x4 (the episode is named 4x4) and I like to have the episode names on all episodes so renaming ain't an option I am guessing it's a priority option between 4x.. and 4e..

Appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this in advancedsettings.xml

solved it with renaming Smile actual episode name according to tv.com was 4 x 4 and not 4x4 after renaming it to that it added it self correctly Smile
I would appreciate some help with these 4 problems I got:

1. I found that it doesn't add this folder: Smallville.S07E03 to my tv library because the files inside it has been incorrectly named with sample in the filenames.

What I need is for someone to write or suggest a working regexp that only skips folders named Sample or sample or SAMPLE and not files since I only got samples inside folders named Sample. Which would allow me to have Xbmc add this 1 episode to my tv library thanks.

Solution to question nr1:

<excludetvshowsfromscan>
<regexp>[/\\]sample[/\\]</regexp> <!-- Any TV in a folder called sample (recursive and case insensitive) will be ignored -->
</excludetvshowsfromscan>

used to have action="prepend"> after excludetvshowsfromscan which would meen it didn't overwrite the default sample skipping which is why it didn't work for me.

2. How can I make Xbmc understand to take the season and eps nr from the folder if it's got Dirfix in the foldername? instead of from the subfolder where the rars are located.

Tvrips\Stargate Universe\Season 1\Stargate.Universe.S01E15.DIRFIX-HOMEMADE\Stargate.Universe.S01E17\rar files in here

This is actually eps 15 however it's been named with the wrong episode nr. And no I am not willing to rename it which is why I am here asking for your help to make Xbmc understand using Advancedsettings regexp's.

Solution to question nr2:

<excludetvshowsfromscan>
<regexp>(extras)</regexp> <!-- Any TV in a folder with the name extras in it (recursive and case

insensitive) will be ignored) -->
<regexp>[/\\]sample[/\\]</regexp> <!-- Any TV in a folder called sample (recursive and case

insensitive) will be ignored -->
<regexp>uTorrentPartFile</regexp> <!-- Exclude Utorrentpartfiles from being scaned -->
</excludetvshowsfromscan>

where I also got extras and sample excluded from scans

and I added the dirfix regexp like this above the other scan regexp:

<regexp>S([0-9]{2})E([0-9]{2})</regexp> <!-- Explains to Xbmc to take season and eps nr from dirfix folder instead of subfolder where the rars are located -->
<regexp>[\._ \-][Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]? [Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

3. How can I make Xbmc add all folders it scan named Tvshowname.Pilot* as 1e01 for the showname because I got a tv episode named without a season or episode number and I would like to have it added without renaming the folder or by putting it inside a folder named with a season or episode number:
Tvrips\Virtuality\Virtuality.Pilot\virtuality.pilot.r00

4. Is it possibole to have Xbmc understand and add multiepisodes if they are in a folder named:
Tvrips\Stargate Universe\Season 1\Stargate.Universe.S01E01-E03\stargate.universe.s01e01-e03.part01.rar\stargate.universe.s01e01-e03.mkv
using a regexp? I would like this episode added as 1e01 and 1e02 and 1e03 in the xbmc tv-library and those 3 are suppose to be linked so if viewing 1 the others are marked and if possibole that when eps 1 ends it starts showing eps 2.
by the way I have allready looked here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_...t_Episodes but I am not quite sure how to make a regexp understand my folder or file structure as multi eps.

Partial Solution to question nr4:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80615 (will not be able to add in between eps yet only the eps in the folder name so if named 1e01-e03 &/ 1e01e03 it only adds eps 1, 3 only 1e01e02e03 &/ s01e01-s01e02-s01e03 adds all 3)

I know I am asking for much but I would so truly greatful if someone could help me achieve this.
does this work with frodo?