Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: dialog window popup, lose onclicks for base window?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I have a dialog window that is acting like a toolbar on the top of my skin. sort of like the windows or mac "start" bar.

I want this to display on every page as a dialog window. Is it possible for me not lose access (buttons are unclickable) to the window beneath the start bar? currently i have a window, and a start bar as a dialog on top of that window. i have buttons that do have an onclick attribute but are not clickable due to some invisible layer from the start bar that's preventing me from accessing the layer beneath?

thanks!
<defaultcontrol always="true"></defaultcontrol>
thanks for the suggestion but it's not working for my skin.

just to clarify my question, if you go to the Confluence skin, go to your Movies, sort by List view. If you go on a movie and click "C" for context menu, you can't click (with a mouse) on anything beneath the layer.

Just wanted to know if it was possible to bypass this "lock" on controls beneath the dialogue.

thanks.
You're going to run into alot of trouble trying to accommodate mouse usage...
No, it's not. You have a modal dialog. You MUST interact with it and only it. This is the same with virtually any system/window manager/app that uses modal dialogs.
Just curious, how does the VideoOverlay window work? Using the empty skin, you can see a small preview of the video that's playing. When this is "open" I can still interact with the content beneath it. This VideoOverlay is also visible over all windows.

Is this because VideoOverlay is an official window?

thanks.
Correct - there is specific code in place (which one day will be removed) for that.