Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Windows version works but not live cd?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a couple computers here. 1 is an old 1.2ghz test bed running dual boot mythbuntu and xbuntu. The other is single core 2.66 ghz running XP. I first tried to install it on the old test bed, but after entering the repository information and keys it said it couldn't find XBMC in the repository. So I downloaded the live cd. This time I got an error saying XBMC needs hardware accelerated open GL rendering. Install better driver.

So I tried to run the live cd on the slightly better XP machine and got the same error. I figured my graphics card/drivers just weren't up to the task, but decided to try the Windows program version which installed and runs fine. So why is it windows version is working but not the live cd?

I'm going to be building a dual core system and would like to install the live cd version as the front end, I was hoping to test it out a bit before buying the hardware. I guess I can test it with the windows install, but I'm just curious what the issue is here?

Any tips on a decent yet budget minded graphics card that will support XBMC live cd?