Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: copying xbmc settings to a different user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys,

i've spent ages setting up xbmc on my administrator account, i.e. skins, video library and locked it down. But i thought that once this is set, i will then go ahead and create a restricted kids account on windows and simply run xbmc. So when i ran it on the kids account, its now running, but all settings are as though its a new install. I don't want to have to create the whole thing again, so is there a way of copying the xbmc skin, profile settings to the kids account?
try answering correctly to the questions you are asked when creating a new profile perhaps?

--- EDIT --

sorry, i'm an idiot thought you were on about xbmc profiles. copy %appdata%/xbmc/ to the other account.
lol...np, i'll try them now, thanks!
just remembered...will this mean that each time i update my video/music library in one account, i will have to do copy the folder again?
xbmc4win7 Wrote:just remembered...will this mean that each time i update my video/music library in one account, i will have to do copy the folder again?

Yes.

It is possible to put a shared database on a MySQL server, though this may be overkill for your requirements. Search this forum for details.

JR
so my best answer would be to create a restricted account in win7 and setup xbmc via that only?
xbmc4win7 Wrote:so my best answer would be to create a restricted account in win7 and setup xbmc via that only?

That's what I would do. If you need to do any maintenance you can always copy the children's XBMC userdata folder to your administrator account, make the changes then copy it back.

JR