Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"addon.xml" line 16 of 22
Code:
<description lang="en">Plugin that let's you browse and play videos from everybody's favorite video site!</description>
OK, I suppose I can live with the American spelling of "favourite." IMHO it is correct to use the singular plural for "everybody" in this context (although intarw3bz flame-wars are constantly fought over that topic).

What is plain wrong is "let's" where it should be "lets." Please fix it.

"let's" is a contraction of "let us" which makes no sense here.

See, for instance:

http://www.jwatsonassociates.com/newsletter/jwa_154.htm

http://www.beedictionary.com/common-erro..._s_vs_lets
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:Huh, i just fixed that bug :/

Not that the fix would actually make the file download(it gets error 403 forbidden from youtube). hmmm.

To all of you having problems with the downloader. Try deleting your ~/.xbmc/userdata/Databases/commoncache.db (look in the wiki for paths on OSX/Windows/iOS) and restart xbmc.

You work wonders, my friend. Thanks. That cleared the issue completely. Nod
(2012-03-09, 12:03)TobiasTheCommie Wrote: [ -> ]Huh, i just fixed that bug :/

Not that the fix would actually make the file download(it gets error 403 forbidden from youtube). hmmm.

To all of you having problems with the downloader. Try deleting your ~/.xbmc/userdata/Databases/commoncache.db (look in the wiki for paths on OSX/Windows/iOS) and restart xbmc.

Great, that was it. I am able to download after deleting and restarting.

Thanks
Thanks

This also fixed my Youtube download problems !

Noticed a bug, when watching something (a locally stored file in this case) then running the addon and trying to search, the search dialog will randomly pop up while I am typing and hang for a while, making searching impossible until I close the currently playing video. It's intermittent and happens randomly, but often, and only when playing a file in the background. Tested both Confluence and ReFocus skin on RC2, running Windows 7.

To reproduce, play a local file, run Youtube addon, select search, type a few letters. Repeat last 2 steps if it does not happen.
(2012-03-16, 10:34)username145 Wrote: [ -> ]Noticed a bug, when watching something (a locally stored file in this case) then running the addon and trying to search, the search dialog will randomly pop up while I am typing and hang for a while, making searching impossible until I close the currently playing video. It's intermittent and happens randomly, but often, and only when playing a file in the background. Tested both Confluence and ReFocus skin on RC2, running Windows 7.

To reproduce, play a local file, run Youtube addon, select search, type a few letters. Repeat last 2 steps if it does not happen.

By search dialog I suppose you mean Loading dialog? In that case I have the exact same problem, apart from it being everytime I play a video and try to open search, no matter if it's a local video or a video from youtube etc.
Can someone help me on this issue: I have appletv2 with xbmc youtube plugin. Works great, but can't continuously play videos on my playlist. I have to play them one by one. What's the purpose of playlist then? Is there fix for that issue?
(2012-03-20, 12:25)rohdef Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-16, 10:34)username145 Wrote: [ -> ]Noticed a bug, when watching something (a locally stored file in this case) then running the addon and trying to search, the search dialog will randomly pop up while I am typing and hang for a while, making searching impossible until I close the currently playing video. It's intermittent and happens randomly, but often, and only when playing a file in the background. Tested both Confluence and ReFocus skin on RC2, running Windows 7.

By search dialog I suppose you mean Loading dialog? In that case I have the exact same problem, apart from it being everytime I play a video and try to open search, no matter if it's a local video or a video from youtube etc.

This is a bug in xbmc, we don't control the dialog we just request user input. Apparently XBMC doesn't wait for the user to enter the search query before letting the python interpreter continue..
(2012-03-10, 18:07)jackparsons Wrote: [ -> ]"addon.xml" line 16 of 22
Code:
<description lang="en">Plugin that let's you browse and play videos from everybody's favorite video site!</description>
OK, I suppose I can live with the American spelling of "favourite." IMHO it is correct to use the singular plural for "everybody" in this context (although intarw3bz flame-wars are constantly fought over that topic).

What is plain wrong is "let's" where it should be "lets." Please fix it.

"let's" is a contraction of "let us" which makes no sense here.

See, for instance:

http://www.jwatsonassociates.com/newsletter/jwa_154.htm

http://www.beedictionary.com/common-erro..._s_vs_lets

will do

(2012-03-20, 13:45)boki99 Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone help me on this issue: I have appletv2 with xbmc youtube plugin. Works great, but can't continuously play videos on my playlist. I have to play them one by one. What's the purpose of playlist then? Is there fix for that issue?

How did you queue the videos?
It should work if you use the playall option. In any case you should probably follow this guide:

http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/wik...llDebugLog

(2012-03-20, 13:45)boki99 Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone help me on this issue: I have appletv2 with xbmc youtube plugin. Works great, but can't continuously play videos on my playlist. I have to play them one by one. What's the purpose of playlist then? Is there fix for that issue?

How did you queue the videos?
It should work if you use the playall option. In any case you should probably follow this guide:

http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/wik...llDebugLog
[/quote]

Thank you wery much! Smile Solved!
The plugin tries to login to my Youtube account endlessly (it never happens and it's almost impossible to stop hide the loading dialog). Is this a known problem and is there a solution? The credentials I use are correct; I've checked and double checked.
(2012-03-20, 23:20)Bram77 Wrote: [ -> ]The plugin tries to login to my Youtube account endlessly (it never happens and it's almost impossible to stop hide the loading dialog). Is this a known problem and is there a solution? The credentials I use are correct; I've checked and double checked.

Uhm, thats not supposed to happen, the plugin should retry 3 or so times and then give up, if something else is happening we're very interested in a debug log.
(2012-03-10, 15:49)dimzen Wrote: [ -> ]XBMC-youtube addon was very slow on my Win7-64bit pc (worked fine om my ATV2).
Tried reinstall the youtube addon, but that didn't help.
So I uninstalled XBMC, delete the program folder and xbmc-folder in AppData.

Reinstalled XBMC 11.0 Eden RC2 and the Youtube 2.9.1 addon.
But now I can't login to youtube (I use 2-factor authentication) Sad

xbmc log is here:
http://pastebin.com/24uyszhw
(replaced my password with password)

Hi, I'm sorry I just checked our integration tests seems 2 factor login has been broken for a couple of weeks now. We'll look into it.
I apologize if this has been mentioned already, but is it possible to add a "Thumbs Up/Down" feature to this add-on? Not sure if YouTube's API is capable of allowing third-party software to do this.

Also, I would like the option to have it automatically go to the New Subscriptions when the add-on is loaded, instead of having to select My Subscriptions and then going to New Subscription Videos. I know it's only two extra clicks, but I honestly don't ever use any of the other pages besides the New Subscriptions page.
Getting the "Youtube" Script plugin failed :/ Can't figure this out!

I do recall making some changes to the python files in the past to get around a "script plugin failed" a while ago, but I've since updated to XBMC Eden RC2, and I've deleted the entire youtube plugin and reinstalled from the repo.

Here's the full debug log (I think - let me know if it isn't!)

http://pastebin.com/nSB7M5nj

Thanks in advance!
(2012-03-22, 01:24)dehve Wrote: [ -> ]I apologize if this has been mentioned already, but is it possible to add a "Thumbs Up/Down" feature to this add-on? Not sure if YouTube's API is capable of allowing third-party software to do this.

Also, I would like the option to have it automatically go to the New Subscriptions when the add-on is loaded, instead of having to select My Subscriptions and then going to New Subscription Videos. I know it's only two extra clicks, but I honestly don't ever use any of the other pages besides the New Subscriptions page.

Hi, I believe you can add the new subscriptions folder to you favorites list in xbmc. Don't think theres an api for the thumbs up and down feature, plus its not really something i see people using a lot from their htpc. Added to that we also have space issues with the current context menu not allowing anymore actions.
(2012-03-23, 07:06)stephenp Wrote: [ -> ]Getting the "Youtube" Script plugin failed :/ Can't figure this out!

I do recall making some changes to the python files in the past to get around a "script plugin failed" a while ago, but I've since updated to XBMC Eden RC2, and I've deleted the entire youtube plugin and reinstalled from the repo.

Here's the full debug log (I think - let me know if it isn't!)

http://pastebin.com/nSB7M5nj

Thanks in advance!

Code:
22:02:19 T:140136234862336  NOTICE: YouTube-2.1.3

You're still using an old version of the plugin the latest version is 2.9.2, seems your xbmc is pulling from the wrong repository.. not really sure how to fix it.
(2010-08-22, 20:42)TobiasTheCommie Wrote: [ -> ]Comment and suggestions welcome.

In case you encounter any bugs with our plugin, please do report them so we can make this rock solid.

hi,

can anyone tell me why when i login to youtube in xbmc go to my playlists that only one or two of the movies show up in stead of my full list.

i have loads of stuff yet its like i have none,could someone fix this you think.?

be very much appreciated if some one could work this one out.

thanks

im running xbmc on windows and imac