Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
waiting for that update Smile
I downloaded xbmc when the login was broke, so i never got to see how the addon acted.

Would i be able to see my subscriptions?
(2012-06-18, 20:18)dragonash Wrote: [ -> ]waiting for that update Smile
I downloaded xbmc when the login was broke, so i never got to see how the addon acted.

Would i be able to see my subscriptions?

you can see all of your subscriptions. It' s a great plugin; I use it with my Youtube Watch Later Playlist and it syncs instantaneously.
(2012-05-08, 12:14)Ajedi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-08, 09:43)nophbert Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-07, 21:07)Ajedi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I think i have almost the same problem, this is what i wanted to post here:

I did a clean install (so deleted the profile addon) and now im running on the official release of xbmc eden and on skin MQ3 2.0.1. I always used the youtube addon alot but lately its really buggy, When i search for something it takes 2-3 minutes to get the search results (normally it only took seconds) and when im finally able to play the youtube thingie its not running smooth aswell.

Does anyone know about my issue and how to solve it? If a debug log is needed pls let me know then ill make one.

Thanks very much in advance!

After updating the system (Ubuntu 11.10) yesterday search function is working again (Plugin Version 2.9.2). I hope it was not just coincidence and will still work today. ;-)

Sadly i cant test this im running on Win 7 x64. Sad

I have similar problem on Linux Mint 13 (which is very similar to Ubuntu 12.04) 64-bit, using xbmc-xvbr (eden branch). I only waited around 10 minutes, never got any search results or updates. There are 22 videos under "categories / All" (from the start I think), these work. Videos play fine, also 1080p. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling the YT plugin.

still can't login ,it say 200....youtube url change .....even if i rollback Sad
wish i had this update Sad
My gf is suffering from Youtube subscription withdrawal. For the love of god, please release the update already. Tongue
The Firefox add-on doesn't seem to work anymore.
The XBMC button doesn't register clicks, and nothing is registered in the XBMC logfile either.
This is on XUbuntu 12.04 with Firefox 13.0.1.
The add-on version is 0.5.

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask for help about the add-on...)
Login is failing here as well, just re-installed (2nd time). The very first time You Tube worked, ESPN3 didn't. Downloaded a Nightly both didn't work, started all the way over with the drive (secure erase) and installed the stable release (11.0) and Log In won't work, sad, sad, sad.
I decided to ask you for help as after numerous attempts I'm clueless. I cannot make youtube plugin work since some months already.

I started from Dharma, then Eden, now I'm on PVR build. Everywhere the same story: the videos just don't play at all. Some time ago download worked, so I could play the videos later, but now it doesn't anymore.
It is the same on few PCs (either Linux or Windows).

What is interesting it works (very slowly) when I create VPN tunnel through external network. So I thought it can be ISP related, but they checked the connection and informed me nothing is blocked (youtube works on every other device for me, Iphone etc and all web browsers).

I'm on Debian Squeeze on my main machine.

Here are the logs:

Video doesn't work:
http://pastebin.com/abjAN7SV

Download doesn't work (I noticed there are numerous items in queue - is there a way to clear it?):
http://pastebin.com/BcQaE2b0

After creating VPN tunnel video suddenly works!:
http://pastebin.com/xMkqsN0H

I have to say everything else works flawlessly. It's just youtube issue...

Do you have any idea what be the reason? And most important how could be the solution? XBMC without youtube plugin is not what;s supposed to be....
Is there a way to make a dashboard shortcut directly to the 'new subscription videos' link? It's basically all I do in the youtube app and it would be a much nicer experience if I didn't have to hop through all the windows all the time. (videos still work here though. no worries there :p)

Looked through the wiki addon docs and did a quick search but ... no idea ;o
Hello,
Sorry to add to the pile of reports of login failures, I just wanted to get my debug in in case it helps.
Thanks,
http://pastebin.ca/2164001
question ....is the failur login due to youtube restriction or a plugin probleme Huh
Login problems still not solved Sad
Wish I had stumbled on this thread before I got so drastic and uninstalled my XBMC and profile folder. Now I have to install it all back and know that even then the problem won't be solved Sad I'll check back in a couple of days to see if this has been fixed. Also, while I'm here, just wanted to ask, before the login issues started of course, I was never able to download a single video using the download function. Any ideas what might be the problem?
(2012-06-24, 12:48)Pitbull_Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Wish I had stumbled on this thread before I got so drastic and uninstalled my XBMC and profile folder. Now I have to install it all back and know that even then the problem won't be solved Sad I'll check back in a couple of days to see if this has been fixed. Also, while I'm here, just wanted to ask, before the login issues started of course, I was never able to download a single video using the download function. Any ideas what might be the problem?

You could try deleting your commoncache.db to help with the download problem remember to setup a download folder via the settings Smile