Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-06-27, 17:49)Pitbull_Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Finally got 3.0.0 after some help. But I too am still stuck with the Login failed: false issue. Tried setting username to just the username and then to [email protected] (substituting the username for my real alias, of course). Didn't help.

Can you tell us what help you received? I only see v2.9.2 on the video add-on page. I am not sure how to force XBMC to check for add-on updates.

I have never installed the YouTube add-on. When I go the the XBMC video add-on section (settings > add-ons > get add-ons > xbmc.org add-ons > video add-ons > YouTube), the version I see listed for the YouTube add-on is 2.9.2. Clicking "install" does nothing. A brief "Downloading 0%" appears. Change log tells me "no info found".

Since I have never installed YouTube before, there is no option to update. How can I get version 3.0.0?

This is page 215 of the forum. I unsuccessfully went back several pages to find an answer.

Any help is appreciated.
Hi,

Thanks for all the great work on this plugin.

Hadn't used it for a while and just got it up and running again...login working perfectly.

Just a quick question - I could have sworn there used to be a way to navigate music videos by genre...is this feature currently disabled? If not, where is it ?

Thanks again Smile
(2012-06-28, 01:46)iain010100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-27, 17:49)Pitbull_Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Finally got 3.0.0 after some help. But I too am still stuck with the Login failed: false issue. Tried setting username to just the username and then to [email protected] (substituting the username for my real alias, of course). Didn't help.

Can you tell us what help you received? I only see v2.9.2 on the video add-on page. I am not sure how to force XBMC to check for add-on updates.

(2012-06-28, 02:26)iain010100 Wrote: [ -> ]I have never installed the YouTube add-on. When I go the the XBMC video add-on section (settings > add-ons > get add-ons > xbmc.org add-ons > video add-ons > YouTube), the version I see listed for the YouTube add-on is 2.9.2. Clicking "install" does nothing. A brief "Downloading 0%" appears. Change log tells me "no info found".

Since I have never installed YouTube before, there is no option to update. How can I get version 3.0.0?

This is page 215 of the forum. I unsuccessfully went back several pages to find an answer.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi. Sorry for the late reply. In my case I had already installed the addon and it was also stuck at 2.9.2. I was told to uninstall and the go to the profile folder and delete the plugin.video.youtube folder located in there. The profile folder, on Windows 7, can be found by going to %appdata%\xbmc\addons. Just type that into the explorer breadcrumbs bar or hit the start button and type that into search field and press enter.

My first attempt at doing this didn't succeed, but then I tried this again, and after deleting the folder and starting xbmc again and confirming it was no longer installed, I went over to the skins, downloaded a new skin and changed to it, then went and downloaded another addon (I think I got Revision3) and then, when I finally went to get the YouTube addon, it had now detected version 3.

Hope this helps you.
Anyone know how to update on openelec? The rep only lists up to 2.1.4.
(2012-06-28, 12:38)Pitbull_Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Sorry for the late reply. In my case I had already installed the addon and it was also stuck at 2.9.2. I was told to uninstall and the go to the profile folder and delete the plugin.video.youtube folder located in there. The profile folder, on Windows 7, can be found by going to %appdata%\xbmc\addons. Just type that into the explorer breadcrumbs bar or hit the start button and type that into search field and press enter.

My first attempt at doing this didn't succeed, but then I tried this again, and after deleting the folder and starting xbmc again and confirming it was no longer installed, I went over to the skins, downloaded a new skin and changed to it, then went and downloaded another addon (I think I got Revision3) and then, when I finally went to get the YouTube addon, it had now detected version 3.

Hope this helps you.

Yes. This did the trick: I simply changed skin (from Confluence to Aeon Nox), navigated to the add-on, saw version 3.0,0 was available (where version 2.9.2 was available before), downloaded YouTube add-on, re-set my skin back to Confluence. It's all working now. I didn't need to delete any folders.

Thanks!
(2012-06-29, 06:10)iain010100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-28, 12:38)Pitbull_Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Sorry for the late reply. In my case I had already installed the addon and it was also stuck at 2.9.2. I was told to uninstall and the go to the profile folder and delete the plugin.video.youtube folder located in there. The profile folder, on Windows 7, can be found by going to %appdata%\xbmc\addons. Just type that into the explorer breadcrumbs bar or hit the start button and type that into search field and press enter.

Hope this helps you.

Yes. This did the trick: I simply changed skin (from Confluence to Aeon Nox), navigated to the add-on, saw version 3.0,0 was available (where version 2.9.2 was available before), downloaded YouTube add-on, re-set my skin back to Confluence. It's all working now. I didn't need to delete any folders.

Thanks!
No problem! Glad I could help.
(2012-06-27, 17:48)watanave Wrote: [ -> ]Hola,

I can't use the subtitles feature, something has changed. The Youtube addon only shows English subtitles even when is configured to Spanish.

If I try the same video in Google Chrome it plays with the correct subtitles.

Please Help...

Here is the Debug http://pastebin.com/N4gkYPQ7

Gracias.

Hmm this seems broken, I'll have a look at it Smile
Hi,

it seems like no "Youtube to XBMC" - Plugin is working right now on XBMC 12 Alpha 3 (Youtube 3.0 Addon).
I testet a Greamsmonkey Script and this Chrome Plugin.
Yesterday when I was on Eden, everything worked fine.
Is this a know issue, or is it just me?
(2012-06-30, 00:10)Cliff Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

it seems like no "Youtube to XBMC" - Plugin is working right now on XBMC 12 Alpha 3 (Youtube 3.0 Addon).
I testet a Greamsmonkey Script and this Chrome Plugin.
Yesterday when I was on Eden, everything worked fine.
Is this a know issue, or is it just me?

Have you tried the official extensions?, the chrome one works for me, but i think the firefox one is broken..

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...extensions

(2012-06-26, 10:01)xlotlu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-25, 23:55)HenrikDK Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, somethings wrong with the python distribution in your xbmc, we have a number of working test that confirm this works on a vanilla python 2.6 distro. You need to escalate this with your distro provider.

(2012-06-25, 18:30)xlotlu Wrote: [ -> ]Still no logging in here, same error. Sad
NOTICE: [YouTube-3.0.0] _fetchPage : 'URLError : <urlopen error [Errno 0] Error>'

The full log: http://pastebin.com/EcC00uRN

Hi, I'll try to figure out what's happening myself before I report the bug, so could you tell me if there's something special in the way xbmc runs its python interpreter? Because running the same code outside of xbmc works just fine.

Did your updates since 2.9.2 address anything like this on other platforms, or this one's totally unrelated to the login issues the others were having?

Thanks.

depending on the platform XBMC includes its own interpreter, and depending on the person who packaged the version of xbmc you're using it might have broken.. and no we don't do platform specific code in our login code. The login issues everyone was experiencing were entirely related to a minor redesign of googles youtube login page..

(2012-06-27, 04:34)Tomasu Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried out the latest xbmc (on deb-multimedia that is), and v 3.0.0 of this youtube plugin, but it still isn't letting me log in for some reason. I get the same "Login failed: false" message as before.

I've tried seeing what the logs have to say, but there doesn't seem to be a relevant error message?

At any rate, here's the debug log I pulled. It starts just before I selected the youtube plugin, so it should include everything from the plugin showing, and me attempting to log in.

http://pastebin.com/ZPQqf8G0

It doesn't seem like you enabled debugging in the plugin?

http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/wik...llDebugLog
(2012-06-28, 12:00)kiboy6 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks for all the great work on this plugin.

Hadn't used it for a while and just got it up and running again...login working perfectly.

Just a quick question - I could have sworn there used to be a way to navigate music videos by genre...is this feature currently disabled? If not, where is it ?

Thanks again Smile

Hi, yes that was previously a possibility, but it was built on a scraper and youtube recently decided to remove that functionality so we removed it from the plugin. Frankly these scrapers are far too much trouble than they're worth. So we wont be adding the functionality unless youtube decides to extend their api to also include music.
(2012-06-30, 01:03)HenrikDK Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the official extensions?, the chrome one works for me, but i think the firefox one is broken..

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...extensions

Yeah, tried the official one for chrome, too.

Mine works fine... I have a question...

In the XBMC wiki YouTube section it shows Favorite Lists as an option... Where is this located, I do not see it?

thanks.
I have a FRESH install of XbmcFreak all is working now thanks

-=Jason=-
(2012-06-30, 01:03)HenrikDK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-27, 04:34)Tomasu Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried out the latest xbmc (on deb-multimedia that is), and v 3.0.0 of this youtube plugin, but it still isn't letting me log in for some reason. I get the same "Login failed: false" message as before.

I've tried seeing what the logs have to say, but there doesn't seem to be a relevant error message?

At any rate, here's the debug log I pulled. It starts just before I selected the youtube plugin, so it should include everything from the plugin showing, and me attempting to log in.

http://pastebin.com/ZPQqf8G0

It doesn't seem like you enabled debugging in the plugin?

http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/wik...llDebugLog
Ah thanks for that. I wasn't aware there was a separate debug option just for the youtube plugin itself. It seems strange to have two separate debug options.

Anyhow, here's what I get: http://pastebin.ca/2165942

Almost linked to pastebin.com since it took a couple minutes for pastebin.ca to bother to post the paste.

append: I also just tried out the chrome xbmc youtube plugin, but nothing happens when I click the xbmc button. I've set up the host/port/user/pass info in its config, but so far haven't had any luck. I do have the remote control stuff enabled in xbmc, as well as the http access, and have verified that works.
It keeps saying failed to play here is my debug log
http://pastebin.com/YQyCazVH