Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi just started to get error when trying to play any videos on all my machines - help! I can log in fine, browse but the moment i want to play any videos it can't Sad
(2012-09-14, 15:09)pinelights Wrote: [ -> ]Hi just started to get error when trying to play any videos on all my machines - help! I can log in fine, browse but the moment i want to play any videos it can't Sad

Hi, Youtube changed the way they do playback now, and decided to serve up the "signature" (a security toke) in a separate variable. Combined with the unsuported protocol "=Http" problem, this has completely broken the url parser in our player core.

I Have a working fix in our development branch, unfortunately that code was left in a very unstable state. It will take some time to make the code production ready.

To make matters worse both Tobias and I are extremely busy the entire weekend so I'm not seeing any fixes being pushed until some time later next week.. Sad

/HenrikDK
(2012-09-14, 15:51)HenrikDK Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, Youtube changed the way they do playback now, and decided to serve up the "signature" (a security toke) in a separate variable. Combined with the unsuported protocol "=Http" problem, this has completely broken the url parser in our player core.

I Have a working fix in our development branch, unfortunately that code was left in a very unstable state. It will take some time to make the code production ready.

To make matters worse both Tobias and I are extremely busy the entire weekend so I'm not seeing any fixes being pushed until some time later next week.. Sad

/HenrikDK

Ok - thank you for updating us Nod Hope to see fix soon but shall use Navi-X and search manually i guess Laugh
Hi,
I have problem playing youtube videos with the plugin.
The problem happens when I try to see trailers by selecting watch trailer in the movie information page or by selecting youtube video to watch direrctly from the plugin video browser
here is the log,:

http://txtup.co/ryUJn

your help please Smile
(2012-09-14, 15:51)HenrikDK Wrote: [ -> ]I Have a working fix in our development branch, unfortunately that code was left in a very unstable state. It will take some time to make the code production ready.

Is this branch public so that someone else can pick up and provide a patch?

(2012-09-14, 15:51)HenrikDK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-14, 15:09)pinelights Wrote: [ -> ]Hi just started to get error when trying to play any videos on all my machines - help! I can log in fine, browse but the moment i want to play any videos it can't Sad

Hi, Youtube changed the way they do playback now, and decided to serve up the "signature" (a security toke) in a separate variable. Combined with the unsuported protocol "=Http" problem, this has completely broken the url parser in our player core.

/HenrikDK

Take your time you guys are doing good work for us, if it takes a while it takes a while.

Thank you guys for all your hard work.
~Beener
(2012-09-14, 15:51)HenrikDK Wrote: [ -> ]

/HenrikDK

Thanks!
Oh well its back to using the browser(s) FTM...
Hope it's fixed soon Smile

In the mean time I'll just use air video to push YouTube to the telly Wink
thanks for working on this, guys!
Thanks for looking for a solution lads. You don't realise how much you miss something till its gone. Must be annoying when a brilliant and stable piece of software breaks due to someone else messing with things that aren't broken in the first place.
I also have problems, i can browse en search with eas but when i want to play a video it doesn't work

I hope you guys find a solution soon! Thanks for the effort!
I'm experiencing the same problem.

For some weeks now, I had to start Youtube videos several times before they actually started playing. Since yesterday, they don't play anymore at all.

There seems to be a URL parsing problem in the plugin. The relevant excerpt from the debug log reads as follows:

Code:
21:50:41 T:3020 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(=http) in =http://o-o---preferred---ecix-dus3---v17---lscache6.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?upn=msv-PPnG7go&sparams=cp,id,ip,ipbits,itag,ratebypass,source,upn,expire&fexp=917000,912301,907345,918000,920917,922401,920704,912806,913419,913558,913556,912706&key=yt1&expire=1347675198&itag=45&ipbits=8&sver=3&ratebypass=yes&mt=1347652158&ip=87.79.76.199&mv=m&source=youtube&ms=au&cp=U0hTTFZSU19OUkNOM19OTFdCOjRVeHJOeTNyS1U0&id=14a4fdda1031bfb5&newshard=yes | Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
21:50:41 T:3020   ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [=http://o-o---preferred---ecix-dus3---v17---lscache6.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?upn=msv-PPnG7go&sparams=cp,id,ip,ipbits,itag,ratebypass,source,upn,expire&fexp=917000,912301,907345,918000,920917,922401,920704,912806,913419,913558,913556,912706&key=yt1&expire=1347675198&itag=45&ipbits=8&sver=3&ratebypass=yes&mt=1347652158&ip=87.79.76.199&mv=m&source=youtube&ms=au&cp=U0hTTFZSU19OUkNOM19OTFdCOjRVeHJOeTNyS1U0&id=14a4fdda1031bfb5&newshard=yes | Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8]

I can provide a full debug log of a playback attempt if required.
(2012-09-14, 15:51)HenrikDK Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, Youtube changed the way they do playback now, and decided to serve up the "signature" (a security toke) in a separate variable. Combined with the unsuported protocol "=Http" problem, this has completely broken the url parser in our player core.

/HenrikDK

Thank you for the update... Smile