Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having a strange problem. If I download one file it works fine. I can not download another until I exit and restart XBMC. Each time I do this the download queue gets larger and it downloads the last 2 or 3 files over again. How do I clear the download queue or prevent this from happening?
(2012-09-19, 15:39)tinfox Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-19, 11:11)NaDs Wrote: [ -> ]Is the play all and shuffle and play all not working again?

I get the error

Error
Script failed!: plugln.video.youtube

Version 3.2

Thanks
Confirmed

Looks like it was an auto-update to 3.2 that broke it.
I tried the plugin from a few posts ago and the "play all" (right click -> New Subscription Videos) feature still wont work. ? strange,, it was working. I use this feature all the time. sad face...

(2012-09-19, 21:31)dkplayaclub Wrote: [ -> ]I am having a strange problem. If I download one file it works fine. I can not download another until I exit and restart XBMC. Each time I do this the download queue gets larger and it downloads the last 2 or 3 files over again. How do I clear the download queue or prevent this from happening?

OK. I figured it out (sort of). Had to erase my commoncache.db file then restart XBMC. Also, this plugin is not to fond of exiting while downloads are running. Looks like the code just needs some more tweaking.

The zip files fixed part of the issue. I cannot play video URLs as plugin:// placed in a .strm file. The same video would play fine using the zip-files fixed YouTube plugin in XBMC.

For instance putting this code in a .strm will not play:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=cRdxXPV9GNQ
Learn how to use pastebin.com like mentioned in Debug Log wiki
Is the "Failed to find URL" problem fixed yet?
(2012-09-20, 03:25)kadeschs Wrote: [ -> ]Is the "Failed to find URL" problem fixed yet?
Have you tried it yet after updating the add-on on your XBMC system?
I use the dharma. I can't install Youtube plugin 3.2.
Please help!
(2012-09-20, 07:15)waxy Wrote: [ -> ]I use the dharma. I can't install Youtube plugin 3.2.
Please help!
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Upgrade to Eden and then you should be good to go.

Thx.

I hoped if you don't say so. I use Mageia1 (Linux) and good work for me, but i need upgrade all system for eden.
(2012-09-20, 05:37)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried it yet after updating the add-on on your XBMC system?

What would the latest version be now?
Have you tried it to see if it works? That'll answer your initial question of whether it's fixed.

Add-on should have updated automatically unless you disabled this feature. In which case, go to System/Settings > Add-ons and see if there are Available updates.
The plugin version 3.2 works fine, thanks for the update.

I was just wondering - is there some kind of "related videos" feature available? I mean something that would display the videos that you usually see on the right side of the screen when browsing youtube.
Small problem (maybe?) -->
Using the new 3.20 version of the addon, if I try to open a playlist which contains videos (or a video) that starts with a non-Roman-alphabet character (e.g.: Japanese / Chinese / etc), the addon reports "Playlist Empty No Results!". If the playlist contains only videos that start with A-Z/0-9, it loads just fine, even if videos contain other characters.

For example:
(assume all other videos in the playlist start with letters A-Z)
  • playlist A contains a video "いきなり! スター☆ボウリング(SCANDAL)". addon reports that it is empty.
  • playlist B contains a video "GT5で頭文字Dの名シーンを再現してみた". addon loads playlist.
  • remove video "いきなり! スター☆ボウリング(SCANDAL)" from playlist A. addon loads playlist.

This only seems to be occurring with playlists. If I try to go into favorites or subscriptions (both of which contain videos starting with non-Roman characters), they will load just fine.

This is something new once the addon updated to 3.20. It was working fine in 3.10 before YouTube screwed it up, and in 3.10 with the anteo fix afterwards. Rolling back to 3.10 and then reapplying the anteo fix does not work either.

I'm running Eden on OSX 10.7.4 and using Rapier skin.

Edit: Disregard that. Magically started working by the time I got home last night.
Yay! I can do my daily youtube subs again. BUT I noticed now that YouTube has changed/prevented downloading clips. Sucks

no more?