Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could anyone link me to a copy of script.module.parsedom 1.5 so I can apply the patch.

ThanksTongue

edit: found it listed on Source Forge but can't see how to download it
[quote='pmolson' pid='1279581' dateline='1356771993']
[quote='wmansir' pid='1279576' dateline='1356771211']
You can get the official 1.4.0 files here : http://hg.tobiasussing.dk/hgweb.cgi/comm...bae7630ede

Click on "zip" to download them in a single zip file, but the folder containing the files will be named commonxbmc-dfbae7630ede instead of script.module.parsedom.

THX man work great on windows 8 xbmc edden v11
As I suspected would happen XBMC updated to 1.5 again, so manually reverting to 1.4 is a temporary fix. Thanks to dbohdan for the code fix to 1.5.
Just learning about XBMC- I'm having similar problems with you tube and Vimeo- any ideas?
I use the Mac version of XBMC and coudn't find that exact line in the file.
I just installed Frodo xbmc, I can't log in to youtube plug in. After input username and password, it says login failed. Any idea how to fix it? I even install xbmc on android tablet, can't log in to youtube either.
I am running XBMC on a appeltv. I can not get anything like music video jukebox or youtube to work. Everytime i go to launch a video i get script failed! : script.video.youtube

Not sure what is going wrong but would love some help on this. I have updated all software and addons to latest version.

Was hoping to have MVJ working tonight for a new years party.

thanks

jm
(2012-12-31, 23:00)enjoysummer Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed Frodo xbmc, I can't log in to youtube plug in. After input username and password, it says login failed. Any idea how to fix it? I even install xbmc on android tablet, can't log in to youtube either.

I'm having the same issue on my device. Can't seem to login. I think it's due to change in YouTube's API. Until the plugin gets an update, I think we will continue to experience this failed login problem
Running Eden on Win7 and all of a sudden this plugin stopped.
Tried fix to script.module.parsedom
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

Re-Installed youtube plugin version:3.3.0

Anyone got any ideas?
(I suspect this will be in vain ... ) To all those asking "i cant login in what can i do?":
First read through the last few pages of this thread, it is very unlikely that you are the first or only one that are experiencing this issue, it might just happen that someone has already posted a solution, and you will find it among the posts for the last few days. Which is true in this case.
--

In my case i had to update line 102 in CommonFunctions.py to fix the "Script Failed!" error, then download and update to 3.4.0 (beta?) version of the plug-in (clicky) to fix the login in problem.
This is on XBMCbuntu (11.10, Eden).I think this issue is OS independent, so basically just update the required files (make a backup first) and you should be all set.

3.4.0 also fixed the login issue on my Raspbmc Smile
Use hubmaintenance plugin in my repo to fix YouTube

It's in the fix directory
I updated and tested the download and renamed to:
plugin.video.youtube
Replacing the current plugin

When checking CommonFunctions.py
Line 102 reads:
version = float(version)

Loaded XBMC and Error:
Script Failed! : plugin.video.youtube
This occurs when selecting Explore youtube/search/login/
(2013-01-01, 00:05)nztech Wrote: [ -> ]When checking CommonFunctions.py
Line 102 reads:
version = float(version)
Thats whats needs updating and gives the Script faild error, the solution is referred to many times in the last few pages.
Went trawling back through details on line 102.
Changed line 102 to: version = float(version.split()[0])

Work perfectly. Awesome thanks heaps for that Smile
YAY to Youtube Addon 3.4.0 along with this fix: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1280259

Fixed my login issues and "script failed" error.

P.S If you have Google's 2-step Auth turned on then a num-pad will pop up once you hit login, use the code from your phones "Authenticator" app here and you should be good to go!