Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-01-11, 13:22)dfluff Wrote: [ -> ]I've just installed the Play In XBMC extension in Firefox (v0.5). When it installed, it gave me a brief settings dialogue. However, I now cannot see *anywhere* how to get back in to that dialogue and change settings. It's driving me nuts. Unlike other extensions listed in about:addons in Firefox, this one does not have a Preferences button. All I can do is disable or remove it. There are not settings I can find in about:config

I tried un-installing and then re-installing. Sadly, it just remembered my settings from previously.

Fixed my problem. After a lot of searching, I found the Firefox extension settings were in ~/.mozilla//firefox/<profile_dir>/jetpack/jid1-H8uJ3J5NfBKvHw@jetpack/simple-storage.store.json (on linux) where I could then edit them as required. Not very user friendly!.

Having done this and corrected the settings, the plug-in does work when auto-play is enabled, but when it's not, I don't get any kind of over-lay or button on YouTube pages to trigger the "Play on XBMC", so, it's auto-play everything, or nothing at all. Not great.
XBMC 11 on Win XP machine
XBMC 11 on ATV2

Youtube addons failed like all the rest and it doesn't appear that my repositories are updating to show the new 4.4.1 release to update. Is there a way to manually download and install 4.4.1?
strange observations that I've made

Wired network ... no buffering
wireless PCI ... no buffering
wireless USB ... a lot of buffering
I'm running the OpenELEC version of XBMC on my raspberry pi. I was getting dependencies not met on the youtube addon, but was able to get the version 4.4.1 installed by upgrading to a new precompiled version of OpenELEC - I think a January 9, 2013 version. After that I was able to get the addon manually installed by using the files posted on page 278 of this thread by aelfwyne. (Changing EDEN in the URL to FRODO.)

So, I finally get all up and running and now I'm trying to watch youtube live videos and on some streams I get 'Couldn't locate video URL'

my log is here: http://pastebin.com/LCZY4vuV

It clearly is failing to scrape the video URL from the page, but I'm not sure how to fix this. Any ideasHuh

Thanks.
Hello.

Maybe 12 days ago I was able to seeking/jump to time on a youtube video on RC2 of frodo on a raspberry pi.
But since then, it has not been possible to do that on either the raspberry pi, or xbmc on the PC?
Does the plugin support search/jump in time in a youtube video?
Does it work for anyone in here?

Okay is seems this is a problem with the way XBMC works?
http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/iss...tail?id=77
I have a issue with the youtube app not downloading videos, which it used to do fine. Sometimes it gets stuck on the preparing to download bit and does nothing. Just wondering if anyone knows a solution. Thanks.
(2013-01-13, 21:55)KingsCross Wrote: [ -> ]I have a issue with the youtube app not downloading videos, which it used to do fine. Sometimes it gets stuck on the preparing to download bit and does nothing. Just wondering if anyone knows a solution. Thanks.

i think youtube disabled the downloading of other peeps vids last fall
Hi there. I have a bug using the Youtube plugin - I just get

error
script failed:plugin.video.youtube

Click on link below for my lo file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bp1rhvfokibuwo0/xbmc.log
I'm on Frodo RC3 and when I go to play a YouTube video I'm presented with a dialogue box asking for 2-factor PIN authentication. If I just hit enter it goes away and the video plays fine.

Is this something to do with Frodo RC3, or the addon, or my own Google account settings?

Not a huge problem or anything, just a bit annoying! Thanks Smile
(2013-01-14, 20:35)nooz Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on Frodo RC3 and when I go to play a YouTube video I'm presented with a dialogue box asking for 2-factor PIN authentication. If I just hit enter it goes away and the video plays fine.

Is this something to do with Frodo RC3, or the addon, or my own Google account settings?

Not a huge problem or anything, just a bit annoying! Thanks Smile

If you use the 2 step authentication verification with your Google account during sign in, that might be the reason for it popping up. Just a thought.
Hey!

I'm trying to queue/play all songs on my Youtube playlists, but the script don't won't to do this. There is an option for this, but it doesn't work. Anyone got a solution?

Smile
What's the fix for stuttering video. Can anyone help please? Thanks.
Q: Can someone confirm that live YouTube streams don't work? YouTube streams some live sports that I would love to be able to receive through XBMC, but currently the plugin says that the video stream doesn't exist. I have to access the videos through my browser. Is this a known limitation? Or am I missing something important?
(2013-01-14, 23:57)gogander Wrote: [ -> ]Hey!

I'm trying to queue/play all songs on my Youtube playlists, but the script don't won't to do this. There is an option for this, but it doesn't work. Anyone got a solution?

Smile

i posted about this problem long ago, no solutions yet, Can anyone help?!!!!
since the last update of the youtube addon i can not see any durations of the videos, so it's not possible to sort after length anymore
i am using eden.

would be nice to see this corrected again.