Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@latest version of YouTube plugin there is no more "Music Top 100" option in "Explore Youtube->Music" menu. Is there any workaround about this problem?
A couple days ago YouTube started throwing an error. Whenever I try and start it I now get "Script failed!: plugin.video.youtube". I've tried restoring xbmc\addons and xbmc\userdata\addons and still no luck. I waited for a build refresh to see if that fixed it but it didn't
Here's my log. Do I need to start over with xbmc?

I'm using the 4.4.6 version of the add on

Thanks in advance
(2013-07-30, 23:25)paksen Wrote: [ -> ]A couple days ago YouTube started throwing an error. Whenever I try and start it I now get "Script failed!: plugin.video.youtube". I've tried restoring xbmc\addons and xbmc\userdata\addons and still no luck. I waited for a build refresh to see if that fixed it but it didn't
Here's my log. Do I need to start over with xbmc?

I'm using the 4.4.6 version of the add on

Thanks in advance

Resolved it. Eventually rebuilding and restoring from XBMC Backup fixed it.
It appears that my simple.downloader got hosed some how.

Thanks,

Paksen
(2013-07-29, 19:08)nktka Wrote: [ -> ]Here's the patch that somewhat fixed 4.4.6 for me on linux. Patch is against "frodo" git branch. Probably not the correct fix (similar exceptions happen from other places) but at least playing videos works again.

Code:
diff --git a/YouTubeCore.py b/YouTubeCore.py
index d955e49..b088134 100644
--- a/YouTubeCore.py
+++ b/YouTubeCore.py
@@ -397,7 +397,10 @@ class YouTubeCore():
             return ret_obj

if get("url_data"):
-            request = urllib2.Request(link, urllib.urlencode(get("url_data")))
+            args = {}
+            for key, value in get("url_data").iteritems():
+                args[key] = unicode(value).encode('utf-8')
+            request = urllib2.Request(link, urllib.urlencode(args))
             request.add_header('Content-Type', 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded')
         elif get("request", "false") == "false":
             if get("proxy"):

This works! Hope this makes it's way into the addon.
Hey guys not sure if its the right section to post but i used this code

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=

to play livestreams on the livestreams plugin, is it still the same after the update?
since yesterday, i cannot login anymore, never happened to me before with the YT addon.

running xbmc frodo 12.2 on win7 with yt addon 4.4.6

log file: http://pastebin.com/6JpZdmt1
Nobody was not using YouTube Music Top 100?
i fixed my problem by deinstalling the addon, deleting the addon data folder and then reinstalling it. weird though.
(2013-08-02, 18:55)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]i fixed my problem by deinstalling the addon, deleting the addon data folder and then reinstalling it. weird though.

Can confirm this one. Fixed my playback issues too! Thx for the hint...
(2013-07-30, 22:13)vxl123 Wrote: [ -> ]@latest version of YouTube plugin there is no more "Music Top 100" option in "Explore Youtube->Music" menu. Is there any workaround about this problem?

I was also disappointed to lose the top 100 music option - please do post back if you find a fix to restore it.
I had the same problem with "Script failed!: plugin.video.youtube". Solved it by rolling back to 4.4.4.
Then I stupidly try to combine my google account with my youtube account and things got messed up when trying to login to youtube on xbmc. So I split up my accounts again and now I just get "Login failed" on 4.4.4. I tried deleting the addon data folder and reinstall xbmc. As well as installing on a brand new machine. Same issue.
Have anyone experienced this issue, and any solution to it?

This is running on OSX, v.12.2. Thought about posting the xbmc-log but decided I didn't want to share my gmail-password to the world. Tongue
(2013-08-03, 07:29)anco Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-02, 18:55)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]i fixed my problem by deinstalling the addon, deleting the addon data folder and then reinstalling it. weird though.

Can confirm this one. Fixed my playback issues too! Thx for the hint...

Thanks this helped... Not sure what happen, I was logged in and then all of sudden I guess it added some updates and booted me off, never to return...lol

Deleted the Add On Data folder and BAM! Its back, now if ESPN3 was that simple to fix...
Hi, just got windows and did a fresh install of xbmc and i get error " playback failed "

i tried a full reinstall several times to no avail, i also looked in google and there haven't been any recent topics about this

here's my log:
http://pastebin.com/9dSV0Vj8

if you can fix this for me, that'd be great!
weird . i dont have any playback problems but i cant access my favorites and liked videos and the subscriptions. this sux Sad
Hey!

I get a "playback failed false" error, too. Reinstalling after deleting the youtube userdata folders does not solve the problem.
Here is my log: http://pastebin.com/y0kXiLtc

Thanks for your help.

All best
Dirk