Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When will it be fixed. Still have login issue. No way to fix it self. Help Sad
Sometimes when i start a HD video it might start to buffer right away and is either very very slow or "stuck" on 0%. I know its not my connection cause other HD YT videos work, and its works fine if i try to play it in a browser. Latest example of this is this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thFj_PsU9V4
Changing to SD resolution enables me to see it, but its not a quality im happy with.

Any tips on what might be the cause or how to debug it?
Hey, this a great add-on, Its working, so this is not a issue type of question.
What I want to do is search for channels and favouring them for quick access, so I don't need to log in my youtube account.
Reason for this, is that my actual youtube account is full of subscriptions that I don't regular check, instead regular content that I like is per channel basis.
I can accomplish this with the following path
Code:
Youtube -> Search -> Channel name -> context menu's "more of channel"
This will get me to a list of the channel's videos by release order. So I'd favourite the search part and go on from there.
Any tips and suggestions how to achieve this?
I know how to fix the login issue.
Follow this Instruction:

1. Uninstall Youtube addon
2. delete the addon folder in userdata
On Windows PC it will be like this path.

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube

plugin.video.youtube -< delete this folder

3. Reinstall the Youtube addon from official XBMC repo.

4. Now start the addon and enter the username , password.
It will say now login success.
(2013-09-12, 23:26)v2nn Wrote: [ -> ]I know how to fix the login issue.
Follow this Instruction:

And are you able to access your subscriptions, history, etc, if you login with a username ?

I can login and am able to see everything in youtube's email address account, but not from the username channel
for its working fine. im able to login in with the youtube addon. i can also acces to all my subscription.
you have to login with the email id.
(2013-09-13, 02:28)Hydrops Wrote: [ -> ]
Follow this Instruction:

And are you able to access your subscriptions, history, etc, if you login with a username ?

I can login and am able to see everything in youtube's email address account, but not from the username channel

I had the same problem and it was driving me crazy..! I just found a solution that worked for me.
Unlink your youtube account from Google+ first (on youtube top right corner) then do what v2nn wrote. I can see my subs, history etc now Big Grin
YouTube API seems to have issues with listing the new subscription videos (wrong videos are shown, limits to 50):
https://code.google.com/p/gdata-issues/i...il?id=5215.

It affects different devices, I have the same problem in Google TV YouTube app and in XBMC.
Hi guys, i just installed windows 8 and the vevo issue came back

everytime i try and play a vevo video, it says opening stream but then it does nothing

i fixed it in windows 7 by replacing the youtubeplayer.py but that seems to do nothing in windows 8

any suggestions?
@verismo:

i think it does not matter windows 7 or 8 for xbmc. May be you are replacing it wrong file or geo issue. I am playing it in windows 8. I am using this file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1178...ePlayer.py
For the login issue, here what work for me without disabled google+ :

- First go on youtube.com and log to your account
- Then click the arrow on right on top of page and select parameter bellow google account
- Scroll down to Third Party Content (may be not exectly this, i'm not having youtube in english)
- You will see an username that finish with @pages.plusgoogle.com "[email protected]"
- Take note of this username
- Click Add/Change password and set a password (can be the same as your account password)

The first part is finish
Second part is also important (seem useless but it is not)
- Uninstall youtube plugin from xbmc (More in video, select youtube plugin and select uninstall)
- Delete the folder containing the data of the plugin (xbmcfolder/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youutube)
- Install the youtube plugin
- Go into parameter (if your username is still there, you don't have remove plugin data correctly)
- Enter your account information (your username is the one you write containing @pages.plusgoogle.com)
- Cross finger
- Enjoy
Hey guys,

I'm really clueless here, I've tried every possible thing I've found and still can't login.

I'm running Frodo on Ubuntu 12.04.
YouTube plugin is 4.4.6 from official repo.
When I try to login, I get script error.

I tried:
Unlinking my YouTube and Google+ account.
Turning off the two-factor authentication.
Generating app-specific password.
Removing addon_data/plugin.video.youtube folder.
Typing the credentials on physical keyboard, through Remote app and on-screen keyboard.

Here is my log: http://pastebin.com/6shGn7mg

This really bothers me, is there something else, I haven't tried and should?

Thanks!

EDIT: It looks like it's encoding issue as the Python error is exactly same as some guys were experiencing couple pages back. AuXBoX solved it for it seems everybody, but when I edit the Python file as he suggests, the "login" window doesn't even appear, it just goes "script failed" immediately.
Any chance somebody would spare me their YouTubeCore.py file with that fix? I can't seem to do it properly.
Thank you.
(2013-09-13, 12:05)Vibes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-13, 02:28)Hydrops Wrote: [ -> ]
Follow this Instruction:

I had the same problem and it was driving me crazy..! I just found a solution that worked for me.
Unlink your youtube account from Google+ first (on youtube top right corner) then do what v2nn wrote. I can see my subs, history etc now Big Grin

Unlinking the Google+ solved the problem for me!!
(2013-09-13, 22:52)CrazyCoder Wrote: [ -> ]YouTube API seems to have issues with listing the new subscription videos (wrong videos are shown, limits to 50):
https://code.google.com/p/gdata-issues/i...il?id=5215.

It affects different devices, I have the same problem in Google TV YouTube app and in XBMC.
I was just going to post this issue on the thread: I have a XBMC box (running Ubuntu) and a few channels subscribed to my youtube account. Since maybe 1-2 weeks I started to notice that if I go to 'New subscribed videos' in some cases I don't see listed all the new videos, but if I do select a specific channel I can see them.
So... the problem is upstream on the Youtube side?
(2013-09-14, 02:26)alibaba011 Wrote: [ -> ]@verismo:

i think it does not matter windows 7 or 8 for xbmc. May be you are replacing it wrong file or geo issue. I am playing it in windows 8. I am using this file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1178...ePlayer.py

how do i download that file bud?