Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-09-24, 00:50)herrflick Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-23, 10:19)wokoman Wrote: [ -> ]This[/b][/url] is what I see when I disconnect my G+ profile, and this is when it's connected.

This is exactly what I see also. I'm in Portugal. Maybe this is specific to some regions.

Are you sure that when you go to youtube.com/account_advanced you have selected the google+ account on youtube homepage(in the upper right)? Because there is two youtube.com/account_advanced different pages. One for G+ account and one for old Youtube account.

anyway yesterday i tried to login in rapbmc (xbmc for raspberry) and after a lots of problem and login fail I managed to enter. So i can confirm that for some youtube account (i hope for all) this method works
Has anyone had issues with this plugin and XBMC 12.2 randomly stopping video playback on SD content and when you try to play the same content again XBMC hangs and can't open the video? Again this only happens with SD content.

Is there a technical reason why I can skip forward with SD content like I can with HD? If I try to skip forward with SD video it just sits there trying to buffer but rarely succeeds.

Win 7x64 frodo 12,2

Thanks ZZ
XBMC started telling me that it couldn't find any subscriptions etc. Using the option to temporarily disconnect Google+ from YouTube seems to have fixed it, at least until Google shoves it in my face again next time.
i try all in this thread, but nothing help my.
After trying login, i have error message "Could not connect to network server" in XBMC
I use Ubunru 12.04 with ppa xbmc-team

Is 4.4.6 version the latest version for the plugin ?
First Off - LOVE this Plugin!!! Just a quick question - Is there a way to use an 'And' search operand or to force it to search exactly for a given string? Just hoping to do better searches with less random crap coming up in the results. Ideally would love to know how to search for a given title from a specific studio/channel WITHOUT having to have a youtube account and be logged in. Is this possible? Huh

Thanks so Much!!
hey
I was having the youtube login error for long time I tried hacks written in the forum but neither one worked for me ; my little guess for the problem is that I made a second youtube channel using the same email (the addon stopped when i did that) ; hte only solution i found is to create a new gmail account and log in with it without creating a youtube channel a google plus page or anything and happily it worked just fine Yay ! but i need to resubscribe to my favourite channels ,sigh. Voilà , try it maybe it will help you too .

I have a question though , is it not possible to search live events ? I want to view a youtube live video on xbmc but in vain . I tried xml and i tried viewing it in history but it keeps giving me error . hope someone helps me here . thanks . (the live event link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYbYKdWxDXs )
Im having no results in my subscriptions or my uploads... anything really. I can log in fine and search my own videos out lol, To log in i went into google account and disabled/deleted my google + account. then i was able to logon as my actual youtube username and password. Any ideas on the empty folders for my uploads and such
I have been trying to use this on my ATV2 but it just does not work at all. The built-in apple youtube app can stream the same videos with ease. Under XBMC there must be horrible memory problems or something, because videos generally won't start playing and eventually the whole system just flat reboots. Been like this for about the last 12 months.
Hello.
New instalation on Windows 7-64bit , Frodo 12.2 , addon Youtube 4.4.6
I set the login information for Youtube and I am trying to login but XBMC still writing "script-error:plugin.video.youtube".
xbmc.log is here:
http://pastebin.ca/2460828
Thank you for help.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Are you perhaps using a special (e.g., accented) character in your Youtube log-in credentials?
Still having issues with The Young Turks live stream.

Everything is updated to the latest version, latest youtubeplayer.py and I just don't know why it's not working. Every other stream works.

Here's my log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=64838
(2013-10-01, 20:45)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Are you perhaps using a special (e.g., accented) character in your Youtube log-in credentials?

Hello, I am from Czech republic and we have special character like "ěščřžýýááíé" but I don't use them in login name or password in youtube.

Login name is email adress like [email protected] and pass is letters and numbers combination.

I am using czech languange settings in Windows 7, maybe there is the problem ?
Hi,

just wanted to report a problem that I stumbled across recently. Here are the steps to reproduce it.

1.) Go to YT plugin and select your subscribed channels
2.) Enter a channel and select a video (don't play it)
3.) Press "Info" button on your remote

On my system this leads to an instant reboot of XBMC in many cases. I tried to set the plugin to debug but the only entries I got were as follows:

http://pastebin.com/3C6w4suD

I don't know if these relate to the problem (keeping in mind I get an instant crash/reboot of XBMC), but maybe it is helpful.

Aside from that: thanks to everyone contributing to this great addon, much appreciated!

System info:

Raspi 512 MB
OpenELEC 3.2.x official
(2013-10-02, 09:47)VladaM Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-01, 20:45)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Hello, I am from Czech republic and we have special character like "ěščřžýýááíé" but I don't use them in login name or password in youtube.

Login name is email adress like [email protected] and pass is letters and numbers combination.

I am using czech languange settings in Windows 7, maybe there is the problem ?
Hi, I have this exact same problem on all of my XBMC youtube plugins (2x Openelec, 1x Windows 7) for weeks now. No special characters in login and password. Please help, I'd really like to use youtube again!