Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I assume some changes had to be made to the plugin because of YouTube's features now being dedicated to Google+.

While viewing vids is fine without the switchover, commenting requires it.

This kinda puts the YouTube subscriptions at risk if you need them on XBMC, but you pick your poison. At least there's light on getting through to it already, so thanks.
All the above "solutions" do not work for me - I still cant log in. Its very scary that noone cares about this plugin. 90% of the time I used to spend on youtube. Sad
(2013-11-07, 08:12)Lomax Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I've just arrived here after going to install the YouTube add-on in XBMC v12.2 and finding it marked as "Broken". Rather than read through 363 pages of forum posts, I was wondering if someone had some instruction as to how to install this add-on.

Thanks in advance.

Same here, I completely uninstalled XBMC and deleted all files, but youtube is still Broken in the default repository. My OS is Windows 8.1 with XBMC 12.2.
(2013-11-07, 21:32)doktrjones Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-07, 08:12)Lomax Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I've just arrived here after going to install the YouTube add-on in XBMC v12.2 and finding it marked as "Broken". Rather than read through 363 pages of forum posts, I was wondering if someone had some instruction as to how to install this add-on.

Thanks in advance.

Same here, I completely uninstalled XBMC and deleted all files, but youtube is still Broken in the default repository. My OS is Windows 8.1 with XBMC 12.2.

Hi guys,
I bought recently a raspberry and installed raspbmc....i had installed raspbmc and added youtube add-on. Actually i couldn't see any videos until i added the mpeg2 key.But after that everything worked ok.
Just one hour ago, i did a fresh installation of raspbmc (Raspbmc riunning XBMC 12.2) and now youtube add-on appears broken and cannot be added.
Am i missing something?
This was working 3 hours ago (add-on was working but i installed a few days ago)

I assume it does not matter but in my original setup , when i was able to add youtube plugin, i had installed both openelec and raspbmc with noobs

Thanx in advance
Having the same add on broken issue with openelec 3.2.3 it says dependencies not met?
Raspberry pi Model B, Xbian 1.0 beta 1.1 (the one that worked best on my pi). Xbmc 12.2. The youtube addon with "broken" issue. I can install youtube channels addon, it shows and searches channels, but it can't execute the video because it doesn't have the youtube addon.
Dependencies not met error as well. OpenElec 3.2.3 on Pi.
i cant get into my favorites or my history or my uploads it just searches then pops up saying no results

i have not any any issues logging in though

i haven't used it in awhile anybody know if there's a fix?? im on the full proper frodo release with windows 8

UPDATE i fixed my issues thank god lol
anyone know why the VEVO vids do not download it just says preparing download and never goes away till a restart?
The add-on "broken" issue should be resolved now. It was due to a problem with the mirroring system: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=177524
new error. Now I can download and install youtube plugin. But the icon is a xbmc box and it never runs (now shows any error message)

[edit]
Solved!
1- formatted the SD
2- installed OpenELEC
3- everything worked very well and much faster

I think yesterday OpenELEC didn't find any addon because of the mirrors errors (thats why I did choose Xbian). Now I give a good bye to Xbian and I adopt OpenELEC to my raspberry pi.

Youtube working flawlessly on my TV. Thanks!
If you link your youtube account to google+ as they force us to do if we want to make comments and stuff, all the subscriptions are gone on the plugin, unlink it and they will come back.
I keep getting the "dependencies not met" error. How did you guys fix the problem? I've tried refreshing the repo, as well as rebooting xbmc many times, but nothing.

Edit: Never mind, it works now. Thank you, based god.
(2013-11-09, 00:51)ocmdiaz714 Wrote: [ -> ]I keep getting the "dependencies not met" error. How did you guys fix the problem? I've tried refreshing the repo, as well as rebooting xbmc many times, but nothing.

Edit: Never mind, it works now. Thank you, based god.

Did you do anything to fix it? If so, what?
Feature request - user interface:

The functionality I really miss with this plugin, is the ability to use the arrow keys to navigate in the Search menu. Right now the cursor is stuck at the top menu, waiting for letters to be typed in from the keyboard. Thus - the plugin assumes that you have a mouse and a full sized keyboard connected.

However - my XBMC box is used in the living room. and I do not like to have a mouse and a full sized keyboard laying on the table all the time. Instead I have a little device emulating the keystrokes of Arrow/Enter/Escape keys. This works great for browsing the menues in XBMC, but it is useless with the YouTube plugin when I need to enter search data.

Therefore - please add functionality for the arrow keys to move around in the search interface. This should be an easy fix, and I do not really understand why that functionality have been left out. It will greatly enhance the user interface and the experience with it.

What do you guys think - is there a great efforth in adding this functionality? And what are the possibilities that this would happen?

Best regards
Lemme