Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-01-14, 21:57)i3ki Wrote: [ -> ]Find on your computer and open (eg with wordpad) the file: YouTubeLogin.py
Look for text string: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "p", attrs={"class": "masthead-expanded-acct-sw-id2"})
Replace that with: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "span", attrs={"id": "yt-masthead-user-displayname"})
Save and Exit
It worked for me as well!

Thank you so much for your help. It works ! LoveLoveLove

XOXO

Nicole
(2014-01-14, 23:51)sukkubus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-14, 21:57)i3ki Wrote: [ -> ]Find on your computer and open (eg with wordpad) the file: YouTubeLogin.py
Look for text string: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "p", attrs={"class": "masthead-expanded-acct-sw-id2"})
Replace that with: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "span", attrs={"id": "yt-masthead-user-displayname"})
Save and Exit

Thank you so much for your help. It works ! LoveLoveLove

XOXO

Nicole

This works for me on both Win 7 and Ubuntu installs.
Thanks!
Hi,

I turned on 2-step auth today, and have updated the youtubelogin.py file from github, but I still get Login Failed : False. Anyone know why this would be? I have tried deleting youtube plugin (completly from addons and userdata) and reinstalling with the updated py file.

I am using latest openelec release using youtube plugin from the official repository.

**EDIT**

I have tried uploading my xbmc.log file, but everything (pastebin included) keeps saying its too big. I can paste excerpts if required?
Windows 7/Frodo 12.3/Two-Step Verification ON, YouTube is a kind of a mess. I can see my subscription videos but when I open a video I get the "Please provide 2-factor authentication PIN", if I enter a valid code I get an error but if I hit Escape the video plays. However, no matter what I do Google's Two-Step Verification calls me. So, every time I play a YouTube video my phone rings!

Any advice?
So is the only way to get access to YouTube through this addon is to disable G+ integration or use 2 stage verification ?
Hi
How to handle the openelec and raspberry pi
How do I find the file and how to edit it YouTubeLogin.py
Hi!

I'm trying to upload my logfile to http://pastebin.ca/upload.php but it says it is to big (695kb) so i tried to rar it but it did not work either since it thought it was a binary file. Smile

So what to do? I really want to login to my youtube channel.... have tried that mentioned in the guide but still refuse to login.

ToddeSwe
The Enigma83 fix worked for me on a windows xbmc but does anyone know how you could do this on a openelec xbmc system. Thanks
(2014-01-17, 21:00)linkinpark Wrote: [ -> ]The Enigma83 fix worked for me on a windows xbmc but does anyone know how you could do this on a openelec xbmc system. Thanks

Eh ... and what is Enigma83 fix? Smile
Save and Exit

This doesn't work for me. It says "Login success, Refreshing folders" regardless of the password used, and then, of course, doesn't find any of my subscriptions. Any suggestions? Youtube used to work so well!
Not even log in success Smile Skiping this for now, not THAT important! Smile

But i have a lot of addons that doesn't work like this one... is it commond that addons is not working?

Running xbmc on both pc and my Boxee Box
(2014-01-17, 18:59)ToddeSwe Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

I'm trying to upload my logfile to http://pastebin.ca/upload.php but it says it is to big (695kb) so i tried to rar it but it did not work either since it thought it was a binary file. Smile

So what to do? I really want to login to my youtube channel.... have tried that mentioned in the guide but still refuse to login.

ToddeSwe

you could disable (not uninstall) other addons and restart, and the first thing try to log in to youtube
As i said, youtube is not that imprtant, to many addons to disable Smile But thanks for the tip anyway.
Please help.. Youtube plugin not function.

Win7 64bit
Youtube 4.4.6

http://imiger.eu/xbmc.log
No luck with youtube login on ATV2. I have uninstalled, removed all remnants manually, re-installed, etc. After the most recent install, I produced a log via the youtube debug feature that can be found here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=112044

Any help would be appreciated.