Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-01-18, 16:03)josa Wrote: [ -> ]Please help.. Youtube plugin not function.

Win7 64bit
Youtube 4.4.6

http://imiger.eu/xbmc.log

Hi Josa,

Did you try editing the YouTubeLogin.py file as referenced in post 3805?
I'm on 64 bit Win 7 and it fixed my failure to login.
Yes, I tried the .py change. Started receiving script errors after that. Uninstalled and re-installed after that.
Krunchy: Yes, I tried
Well I also cant login anymore I tried almost everything I did an complete new install of xbmc but no change cant login to youtube I use plugin 4.4.6 pleas fix Huh??
(2014-01-14, 21:57)i3ki Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-14, 18:07)digzz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-14, 15:55)sukkubus Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone pls have a little mercy and explain how to apply the fix from enigma83 ?

Thx alot

Nicole Wink

Me too .....All I see is code but ain't got a clue what to do. Huh

Find on your computer and open (eg with wordpad) the file: YouTubeLogin.py
Look for text string: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "p", attrs={"class": "masthead-expanded-acct-sw-id2"})
Replace that with: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "span", attrs={"id": "yt-masthead-user-displayname"})
Save and Exit
It worked for me as well!

+1 solved my youtube login woes - thanks!

EDIT: Is there a quick explanation for what this means and what it fixes? You can assume basic web programming knowledge.
Hey lebowski2 thanks it is working again Smile me happy Smile
I'm trying to login but with a google account that does not have an "old youtube account". The Enigma83 fix does not seem to work. Is there a solution for that case ?
CanĀ“t get this to work even with enigmafix. Googleapps account. Any help appreciated!
(2014-01-18, 17:24)Krunchy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Josa,

Did you try editing the YouTubeLogin.py file as referenced in post 3805?
I'm on 64 bit Win 7 and it fixed my failure to login.

I've got 64bit Windows 8.1. I tried that fix and it didn't work. I just installed the youtube addon and can't log in. Also, there are some videos that don't seem to play. I've only noticed it on VEVO videos.
God, youtube on xbmc is on the top 3 thing i use xbmc with when its connected to my TV.

i have tried every solution now. From deleting the entire account, to opening a new one, to greating a google page, and using that login info. Also tried reinstalling xbmc, deleting the youtube folder in appdata/roaming/xbmc and finally editing the .py file.

So now i have officially given up on this.

I know its not the devs fault, but stil, its so frustrating to deal with, and shouldnt be that hard.
anyone got fix for vevo to work on youtube
i3ki's fix didn't work for me either. I've got 2-factor authentication and the problem with the two accounts... I made the changes to youtubelogin.py, and when I try, I have to wait for about 90 seconds before I'm asked for the 2-step authentication. I enter that, and I *immediately* get the plugin failure error. Any help would be much appreciated, would be great if this worked. Thanks.
(2014-01-14, 21:57)i3ki Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-14, 18:07)digzz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-14, 15:55)sukkubus Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone pls have a little mercy and explain how to apply the fix from enigma83 ?

Thx alot

Nicole Wink

Me too .....All I see is code but ain't got a clue what to do. Huh

Find on your computer and open (eg with wordpad) the file: YouTubeLogin.py
Look for text string: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "p", attrs={"class": "masthead-expanded-acct-sw-id2"})
Replace that with: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "span", attrs={"id": "yt-masthead-user-displayname"})
Save and Exit
It worked for me as well!

This fixed my login issues with the youtube addon
Hi!

Have tried the "fix" now but when i do i get:

19:01:20 T:10940 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
19:01:20 T:10940 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:01:20 T:10940 NOTICE: Loading cookies from :'C:\\Users\\Todde\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.youtube\\yt-cookiejar.txt'
19:01:20 T:10940 NOTICE: YouTube-4.4.6
19:01:20 T:10940 NOTICE: StorageServer Module loaded RUN(instance only)
19:01:20 T:10940 NOTICE: StorageClient-2.5.2 Starting server
19:01:20 T:11248 NOTICE: StorageServer-2.5.2 Storage Server starting C:\Users\Todde\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache\commoncache.db
19:01:21 T:10940 NOTICE: CommonFunctions-2.5.1
19:01:21 T:5832 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

Somthing with commoncache....
Can someone help me with this issue? I watch The Young Turks live stream most nights. It's normally fine. But for the last couple of days, the stream has been stopping after a couple of minutes, sometimes less. I can't figure out what's going on. It happens on two XBMC installs, both on Win7. Suggestions?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=114023