Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks so much Berre, it worked for me.

*edit* Nevermind. It showed all of my subscriptions/playlists, but as soon as I tried to play a video it asked me for the 2-factor authentication and errored-out when I gave it.

*edit 2* If I just enter a blank authentication code, the video will play. However, I have to do that every time I try to play a video. Bizarre.
Odd, mine seems to play whatever I've tried.

UPDATE

Ok, I just looked at YouTube from the web and Google has screwed my account up somehow.... Only see the 3 there as well.
ranger0293: i'm using an application specific password, you could try that. You might need to redo the steps after changing.
Well Berre, you seem to be good at this Wink Using your instructions I'm able to login to youtube and see all of my contents, but I'm still getting script failed when trying to play any of the videos.
Code:
09:28:21 T:6576  NOTICE: YouTube-4.4.6
09:28:21 T:6576  NOTICE: CommonFunctions-2.5.1
09:28:27 T:6576   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u0159' in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 120, in <module>
                                                navigation.executeAction(params)
                                              File "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeNavigation.py", line 143, in executeAction
                                                self.player.playVideo(params)
                                              File "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubePlayer.py", line 80, in playVideo
                                                (video, status) = self.buildVideoObject(params)
                                              File "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubePlayer.py", line 285, in buildVideoObject
                                                (links, video) = self.extractVideoLinksFromYoutube(video, params)
                                              File "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubePlayer.py", line 418, in extractVideoLinksFromYoutube
                                                result = self.getVideoPageFromYoutube(get)
                                              File "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubePlayer.py", line 401, in getVideoPageFromYoutube
                                                page = self.core._fetchPage({u"link": self.urls[u"video_stream"] % get(u"videoid"), "login": login})
                                              File "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeCore.py", line 447, in _fetchPage
                                                self.login._httpLogin()
                                              File "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeLogin.py", line 183, in _httpLogin
                                                ret = self.core._fetchPage(fetch_options)
                                              File "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeCore.py", line 400, in _fetchPage
                                                request = urllib2.Request(link, urllib.urlencode(get("url_data")))
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 1269, in urlencode
                                                v = quote_plus(str(v))
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u0159' in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
09:28:27 T:6576 WARNING: The python script "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: Addon,Addon
09:28:27 T:11152   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=6j9WP2bXIE8]
(2014-01-28, 14:50)myso Wrote: [ -> ]
Myso Wrote:Hi, I don't have any account ending with "@pages.plusgoogle.com"
Did I mention already that there is nothing like that under my account settings?

(2014-01-28, 14:17)seaan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-28, 12:07)myso Wrote: [ -> ]. Also none of the py source code modifications did the miracle for me. I'm lost Sad

I'm in the same shit, bro... I'll try to debug the py code myself

If it's of any help I can give you debug outputs from my YT plugin.

Hi,
yes, that woud help.
Could you send me a pastbin link?

What I found so far is that for me the script fails when it tries to execute:
Code:
new_part = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "form", attrs={"name": "verifyForm"}, ret="action")
fetch_options = {"link": new_part[0].replace("&amp;", "&"), "url_data": url_data, "referer": ret["location"]}
in YouTubeLogin.py, around line 240.

Since new_part turnes out to be empty, trying to reference new_part[0] gives "List Index out of range".

The code is parsing the 2-step verification page when one is supposed to enter the 5-digits verification token and apparently my page is different from what the developers assumed it to be.

I'll keep looking
Bye

Sergio
(2014-01-29, 08:45)Berre Wrote: [ -> ]ranger0293: i'm using an application specific password, you could try that. You might need to redo the steps after changing.

Hi,
worked for me on XBMC for Windows which I'm using for testing: I followed the instructions and used an application specific password in the addon settings, as suggested above.
I'll now try it on my Raspberry PI production system
(2014-01-29, 15:36)seaan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-29, 08:45)Berre Wrote: [ -> ]ranger0293: i'm using an application specific password, you could try that. You might need to redo the steps after changing.

Hi,
worked for me on XBMC for Windows which I'm using for testing: I followed the instructions and used an application specific password in the addon settings, as suggested above.
I'll now try it on my Raspberry PI production system

Almost there but not quite so on the Raspberry. I can successfully access my account and see my youtube stuff: watch later, favourites, subscriptions, etc.
However, when trying to play clips, it takes ages: I'm seeing in the addon log files that it runs through all the 18 steps of the loop coded in YouTubeLogin.py before finally streaming the content.
No clue why is doing that on the RPI and not on Windows...

The plot thickens...
(2014-01-29, 15:57)seaan Wrote: [ -> ]No clue why is doing that on the RPI and not on Windows...

The plot thickens...

Correction: by inspecting the XBMC log file, I found the 18-steps loop is executed on Windows, too, it's just obviously faster than the RPI
For the sake of clarity I'm referring to the this loop around line 160 in YouTubeLogin.py:

Code:
while fetch_options and step < 18:  # 6 steps for 2-factor login
self.common.log("Step : " + str(step))
            step += 1...etc...

Cheers
Sergio
thx.. it also work for me.

(2014-01-14, 21:57)i3ki Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-14, 18:07)digzz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-14, 15:55)sukkubus Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone pls have a little mercy and explain how to apply the fix from enigma83 ?

Thx alot

Nicole Wink

Me too .....All I see is code but ain't got a clue what to do. Huh

Find on your computer and open (eg with wordpad) the file: YouTubeLogin.py
Look for text string: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "p", attrs={"class": "masthead-expanded-acct-sw-id2"})
Replace that with: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "span", attrs={"id": "yt-masthead-user-displayname"})
Save and Exit
It worked for me as well!
What are the chances of adding a feature that lets you choose what account to link to? IE I have my gmail account, [email protected], and my original account (just theredbaron1834) on youtube. My subs/uploads/watch laters are all on my original account, but the plugin seems to only use the gmail one.
i cannot login to youtube anymore is this a known problem? There are no updates it's still 4.4.6.
Could somebody help me out here?
Guys seriously now, what the heck does the ascii coding error mean?
Code:
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u0159' in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)
I'm using channel ID as username and third-party application generated password. None of them containing any special character.
I am having trouble playing youtube clips. My error logs are found at the below link.

http://pastebin.com/HRxxnrAy

I am using a raspberry pi. It seems like a video will play the first time, but every time I try to play a clip for a second time it will not play, and I get a "playback failed" message.
I am having trouble with playing clips which have closed captions.

When i play these clips on my windows machine there is no problem, but on the PI i cannot get them to work.

All the settings in the plugin are the same and also the version is the same.

Is this a limitation on the PI or is there something else i need on the PI ?
(2014-02-01, 07:26)reggert32 Wrote: [ -> ]I am having trouble with playing clips which have closed captions.

When i play these clips on my windows machine there is no problem, but on the PI i cannot get them to work.

All the settings in the plugin are the same and also the version is the same.

Is this a limitation on the PI or is there something else i need on the PI ?

ditto, not Pi only as I have the problem on 3 win HTPc builds and an ATV2 too mate, only CC links do nothing and don't even always throw up an error message?

anyone as have searched this thread and googled to no avail for a solution?

on 4.4.6 xbmc 12.3 various skins on various devices