Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-05-10, 11:43)sogopot Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-10, 11:27)hellcry Wrote: [ -> ]this addon suks in every aspect there is, never worked proper way for me ... burn it with fire Smile

Calm down. It's working fine for me with the fixes applied.

I posted a fixed version of this plugin here -->Link to post 4063. Many people have posted and confirmed it's working for them, so give it a shot, and read the instructions. No guarantee it'll work, though it's been working perfectly fine for me.

If you activated Googles two-step verification, aint nothing going to work, until someone comes up with a proper fix. Until then, either create a second google account for youtube viewing in xbmc, or turn 2-step off.

This actually works! Thank you this is the first time this plugin works. Now the only problem is that the add-on is auto update and that broke things again. Solutions?!
I am trying this addon with the Aeon MQ5 skin but it doesn't work. I Googled and found that it only works with Confluence? Is this true?
(2014-05-11, 20:34)patseguin Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying this addon with the Aeon MQ5 skin but it doesn't work. I Googled and found that it only works with Confluence? Is this true?

and when you tested with Confluence what happened?
I could test it but it would be moot as I won't use Confluence.

Edit, yes it works on Confluence.
(2014-05-11, 20:55)patseguin Wrote: [ -> ]I could test it but it would be moot as I won't use Confluence.

Edit, yes it works on Confluence.

Ok, now you get why it was not moot to test...I hope
Yes it is moot because I don't use Confluence and never will. Shame this addon depends on a skin.
(2014-04-14, 14:40)sogopot Wrote: [ -> ]UNOFFICIAL FIXED REVISION 4.14.14

[...]

Vimeo fix worked, although I only tested watching some videos (I don't have an account)

YouTube worked and signed in into my Google account, which I don't use, I use my old YT one which I resisted to merge with G+, so now that's a @pages.plusgoogle.com thing which has all of my favourites, subs, etc. With this fix I could sign in with that, but nothing account related loads.
So I gave up and tried to merge the accounts... only to learn that it cannot be done.
Anyone having issues with video streams taking a very long time to load.
I can access everything quickly but when a select a video to play it takes about 30 seconds to start playing.

Its not my connection as i can play all my vids with ease from my laptop.
Hi everyone, this is my first post on the XBMC forums. I have spent many hours tinkering with XBMC on a RPi, Windows and Mac. I felt compelled to register in order to add my dissatisfaction to the others that have expressed about this plugin.

On my Windows machine I was able to hack around to try the "fixed" plugin on my favourite skin (Quartz) however sadly the login still does not work for me.

I don't wish to offend any volunteers in the community but there's something wrong here, not just with the plugin, but with the apparent strategy to address these problems.

What doesn't seem right to me is that fact that given that YouTube is such a hugely popular site and is a core part of many people's media experience these days (where it is an essential app on many commercial streamers and devices like TVs and Blu Ray players) it doesn't make any sense to me that it's fallen into a state of neglect on XBMC.

If anyone is serious about the user experience on XBMC, then apps like this should not be allowed to break for any extended length of time - can the core team do anything about it? Can it be brought into the core product as a kind of "protected" app?

For my practical day to day purposes, what this means for me is that whilst I use XBMC for streaming movies off my NAS, which it does fine, the lack of YouTube unfortunately now sidelines my XBMC machine as more of an occasional living room curiosity and nothing more... sorry.
Fresh install of Openelec, login script fails. How to fix this?
I use youtube plugin on frodo (XBMC on Raspberry Pi - Raspbmc), and there is one annoying thing - video works properly, but if I want to stop video in the middle or play another one when previous one is still working, plugin freeze for long time. Sometimes for few seconds, usually for couple of minutes, and in this time you can do nothing - black screen with "wait" notification. Normally, when video ends, everything works properly, freezing (pause) works too,
Usually is faster to restart whole XBMC and play another video, than wait for response after stopping it.
Sometimes, when I trying to skip time or play another video just after previous, youtube plugin is causing XBMC restart,
Basically sogopot has a working fix but neglects to ask us to pull it in, instead opting for delivery by mediafire.
If the fix is in some git repo somewhere all that would be needed was one submit mail to the addons mailinglist with the request to take over.

Taking it over ourselves would be an option but as I don't use the login much myself - I won't notice when it is broken again.
It should be the normal way - someone who actually maintains it is the maintainer.

So? Who is going to be the one that steps up and wants to maintain this in the official repo ?
Or we can rip out the login part and push that Tongue
Does anyone know why I get an error saying, "This video may be inappropriate for some users" when I try some age restricted videos? I am using OpenElec and I can log in just fine to my YouTube account, and I have no age restrictions on my account.
I made this change.
I also made another one for non English languages. When you are in a non English speaking country, youtube returns the pages by default in your language, so the plugin had an error. I found an old discussion about that here.

I made a pull request for both of them already.

https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin/pull/55

(2014-05-15, 16:28)Kib Wrote: [ -> ]Basically sogopot has a working fix but neglects to ask us to pull it in, instead opting for delivery by mediafire.
If the fix is in some git repo somewhere all that would be needed was one submit mail to the addons mailinglist with the request to take over.

Taking it over ourselves would be an option but as I don't use the login much myself - I won't notice when it is broken again.
It should be the normal way - someone who actually maintains it is the maintainer.

So? Who is going to be the one that steps up and wants to maintain this in the official repo ?