Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Login failure is fixed.
Need to manually do it

Hi, Got the login problem for some days with Android and OSX.

The code of this plugin has been updated 3 days ago, you can see this on the github repo here : https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin

So I downloaded this latest version of the files and replaced manually the file "YouTubeLogin.py" on the folder where youtube plugin is located on OSx and it works well now !
My subscriptions and playlists are back to Xbmc.
Did the same for Android

So remember, your plugin folder is here :
for OSX : /Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.youtube
for Android : [Android storage]Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/

The dev of the plugin indicates that this is a BETA version and this is probably why it is not yet available as an automatic update.
Any luck with 2-factor authorization on latest beta?
Yes, the 2-factor authorization worked for me, after you login, there will be a second screen ( the screen looks like a keypad ) where you imput the number google sent you.
Thank you so so much media tanker!!! I have searched high and low for a solution. I tried this several days ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVR1m6viAHE

it worked for me, but it would take over 45 seconds to load each video.. which just wouldn't work on my pseduotv live channels. I downloaded the github folder and replaced the youtubelogin.py on my xvmc on my firetv and it freaking works!!! it takes about 5 seconds to load a video, but that is so much better than 45-50 seconds. I can't thank you enough for this fix!!
(2014-07-08, 23:31)mediatanker Wrote: [ -> ]Login failure is fixed.
Need to manually do it

Hi, Got the login problem for some days with Android and OSX.

The code of this plugin has been updated 3 days ago, you can see this on the github repo here : https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin

So I downloaded this latest version of the files and replaced manually the file "YouTubeLogin.py" on the folder where youtube plugin is located on OSx and it works well now !
My subscriptions and playlists are back to Xbmc.
Did the same for Android

So remember, your plugin folder is here :
for OSX : /Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.youtube
for Android : [Android storage]Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/

The dev of the plugin indicates that this is a BETA version and this is probably why it is not yet available as an automatic update.

I don't understand how you download it from Github? I downloaded the master, copied the contents of plugin folder and created a zip of those contents. But XBMC complaints the addon does not have correct structure?
Quote:I don't understand how you download it from Github? I downloaded the master, copied the contents of plugin folder and created a zip of those contents. But XBMC complaints the addon does not have correct structure?

Do not create a zip of those contents.

Here is the step by step process :
1. Go to : https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin
2. Download zip ( on the right bottom of the page )
3. uncompress the zip file you downloaded
4. open "plugin" folder and copy "YouTubeLogin.py" ( only this file )
5. go to your plugin folder on your xbmc folders, the folder path depends on your platform ( for example on Android, it is here : androidstorage/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/ )
6.delete or replace "YouTubeLogin.py" on your xbmc folder ( another option is to rename the file like this for example YouTubeLogin_old.py so you can rename it to go back to the original file, if needed )
7.paste, replace or drag and drop the new "YouTubeLogin.py" to this plugin folder on your xbmc.
8.restart xbmc
9. That's it ! You are good to go ! :-)
OH but I just started with a fresh install Smile so I guess I have to simply install the Youtube addon from Addons repository (otherwise I have no Youtube addon folder) and then follow your steps. Thanks!
Does anyone know the file structure of crystalbuntu and where the login.py is?
Used the video as a guide, I got Step 3/4 done but they place where you place Step 5 is not located in my XML file or the PY file. I tried logging in anyway and it failed as "False" so now what?

(2014-07-10, 13:14)mediatanker Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I don't understand how you download it from Github? I downloaded the master, copied the contents of plugin folder and created a zip of those contents. But XBMC complaints the addon does not have correct structure?

Do not create a zip of those contents.

Here is the step by step process :
1. Go to : https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin
2. Download zip ( on the right bottom of the page )
3. uncompress the zip file you downloaded
4. open "plugin" folder and copy "YouTubeLogin.py" ( only this file )
5. go to your plugin folder on your xbmc folders, the folder path depends on your platform ( for example on Android, it is here : androidstorage/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/ )
6.delete or replace "YouTubeLogin.py" on your xbmc folder ( another option is to rename the file like this for example YouTubeLogin_old.py so you can rename it to go back to the original file, if needed )
7.paste, replace or drag and drop the new "YouTubeLogin.py" to this plugin folder on your xbmc.
8.restart xbmc
9. That's it ! You are good to go ! :-)

I did the other fix (XML file) with the code YouTube/Google gave me. Will this work since I couldn't do Step 5 in the video?
Sorry, did not try the video tutorial, can't answer that

Just got straight to my solution.

I advice you to start fresh.

unistall the youtube plugin then reinstall and follow my way step by step :-)
Just FYI: all I needed to do was install Youtube plugin normally via XBMC and replace this little file: YouTubeLogin.py by downloading it from here: https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin and copying it over the existing one here: .xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/

Reboot XBMC and Youtube just works Smile

thanks to Mediatanker for the explanation!

I do not have two-factor authentication enabled in my Google account.
So I uninstalled youtube that was not working. I put the new youtubelogin.py in the youtube addon zip file, overwriting the old one. After rebooting, I installed, rebooted once more and still get "Login Failed False"

With crystalbuntu I cannot simply drag and drop and I dont know how to cut and paste in putty. Sad

Any ideas? My other two windows machines are working just fine, but this appletv not so much.
Thank you for that incredibly snarky reply. I do in fact know how to copy and paste text with in putty believe it or not. The idea of taking a file from another computer and pasting and replacing a file on another, all from putty using ssh commands is lost on me.

Let me ask another way, has anybody been successful fixed the add on by replacing the youtubelogin.py file on some sort of linux build?
Ok try winscp. It uses scp to transfer files onto an SSH server.