Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-07-10, 13:14)mediatanker Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I don't understand how you download it from Github? I downloaded the master, copied the contents of plugin folder and created a zip of those contents. But XBMC complaints the addon does not have correct structure?

Do not create a zip of those contents.

Here is the step by step process :
1. Go to : https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin
2. Download zip ( on the right bottom of the page )
3. uncompress the zip file you downloaded
4. open "plugin" folder and copy "YouTubeLogin.py" ( only this file )
5. go to your plugin folder on your xbmc folders, the folder path depends on your platform ( for example on Android, it is here : androidstorage/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/ )
6.delete or replace "YouTubeLogin.py" on your xbmc folder ( another option is to rename the file like this for example YouTubeLogin_old.py so you can rename it to go back to the original file, if needed )
7.paste, replace or drag and drop the new "YouTubeLogin.py" to this plugin folder on your xbmc.
8.restart xbmc
9. That's it ! You are good to go ! :-)

Thank You man!!!! After days trying to figure this out. This solution actually works!
I am unable to get 1080p quliaty from Youtube addon. The highest quality I can get is 720p. Is there a solution to this?

This addon "Youtube" is so central to videos, I dont understand why no Developer would want to take this on. Its long overdue now and the original developer seems unable to keep up, or lost interest. Please someone redu this addon, such a shame once a month we have this problem. I do appreciate the efforts Hendrick put into making the addon, just wish we can have a Dev that can maintain it.
(2014-07-12, 18:27)MediaPi Wrote: [ -> ]I am unable to get 1080p quliaty from Youtube addon. The highest quality I can get is 720p. Is there a solution to this?
This is normal. http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2013/10...reams.html
Quote:This addon "Youtube" is so central to videos, I dont understand why no Developer would want to take this on. Its long overdue now and the original developer seems unable to keep up, or lost interest. Please someone redu this addon, such a shame once a month we have this problem. I do appreciate the efforts Hendrick put into making the addon, just wish we can have a Dev that can maintain it.

HenrikDK is still updating the app on the github, but for some reason is not active on the forum or pushing the same updates to XBMC. Reading some of the issue requests, holy crap I dont blame him, some people are jerks. It's free, what can you do? If it was ad supported, or I paid for it, then I would raise hell. But for now, I will be content using "Play to XBMC" on chrome to select videos until the fix is pushed to the addon.
(2014-07-12, 23:41)ragedogg69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-12, 18:27)MediaPi Wrote: [ -> ]I am unable to get 1080p quliaty from Youtube addon. The highest quality I can get is 720p. Is there a solution to this?
This is normal. http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2013/10...reams.html
Quote:This addon "Youtube" is so central to videos, I dont understand why no Developer would want to take this on. Its long overdue now and the original developer seems unable to keep up, or lost interest. Please someone redu this addon, such a shame once a month we have this problem. I do appreciate the efforts Hendrick put into making the addon, just wish we can have a Dev that can maintain it.

HenrikDK is still updating the app on the github, but for some reason is not active on the forum or pushing the same updates to XBMC. Reading some of the issue requests, holy crap I dont blame him, some people are jerks. It's free, what can you do? If it was ad supported, or I paid for it, then I would raise hell. But for now, I will be content using "Play to XBMC" on chrome to select videos until the fix is pushed to the addon.

So download zip from github should work?
thanks ragedogg69, atleast I know its meant to be like that, its a shame though but what can you do and like nickr I to am interested if the most recent stuff in Hendrick github youtube is fixed so we can just do manual updates or something
Don't like to Jump to conclusions, but basically Google want you to use chrome so you can get your full 1080p? Bummer.
@MediaPi did you try the github code?
(2014-07-08, 23:31)mediatanker Wrote: [ -> ]The code of this plugin has been updated 3 days ago, you can see this on the github repo here : https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin

So I downloaded this latest version of the files and replaced manually the file "YouTubeLogin.py" on the folder where youtube plugin is located on OSx and it works well now !

thanks so much...fixed my problem too on windows.

I only wish I had thought to look at this forum first before i tried uninstalling xbmc and reinstalling everything...not to mention messing around with my google settings for about an hour.

I think this version on the "YouTubeLogin.py" needs to go into the offical build immediately so others may advoid this catastrophic add-on bug.
Hi - I applied the fix detailed at #4236 and it worked fine. However, the code must have been changed again by Google (in the UK at least) at 1300hrs BST today, because now no videos are playing this afternoon. Does anyone have the necessary code updates yet to the youtube.player.py file?

Kind regards, Mike
(2014-07-15, 16:10)emjayuu Wrote: [ -> ]Hi - I applied the fix detailed at #4236 and it worked fine. However, the code must have been changed again by Google (in the UK at least) at 1300hrs BST today, because now no videos are playing this afternoon. Does anyone have the necessary code updates yet to the youtube.player.py file?

Kind regards, Mike
Same for me. Broken again... Sad
Youtube-dl has again already fixed the problem. Could someone add this fix to this addon and publish it to the xbmc.org repo?
I'm having problem with this plugin. Some videos will play but some don't play.
My playlists are gone. I'm logged in to my account, have access to all other features but when I go to My Playlists it results a message "no playlist available". Full reinstalled, loaded from git, set up, works, except the playlists. What's on there?
Same thing here. Everything was working fine yesterday. This morning when I go to 'my playlists' it resulted in a message "no playlist available". In my browser I can still see my playlists and play them, but according to the youtube plugin there are no playlists. Youtube probably changed something.
Since yesterday I can not play many videos.
I agree with FredAxe, it seems that YouTube has changed something.
Is it just me or does every video take a good 20 seconds to start playing...?