Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
nmirza Wrote:I'm using the newest rapier qualar 4.4 version with dharma rc2.

- when I go to change plugin settings the popup box is transparent and thus not very readable as the background text comes through.
This would be a skin issue as we have no control over the settings box other than the menu-options that appear.

nmirza Wrote:- when I go to a specific subscription I get an icon list of videos. No matter how many times I change this from icon to list view if I back out of my feed list for the user and go back in it has reverted back to icons.
This is the same problem Vultures was having, we have an advanced setting that makes the plugin default to icons view for video lists, it should be possible to disable it in the advanced settings part of the plugin, but if that doesn't work try to delete the lines with:

Code:
        if (video_view):
            xbmc.executebuiltin("Container.SetViewMode(500)")
In YouTubeNavigation.py (should only be 2 places), that should disable anything the plugin does with view modes. Smile
a_user Wrote:i would like the interface part. the internal api behaviour seems irrelavant to me.

This is not gonna happen Sad, this would require us to start messing with the window xml part of xbmc and I'm not interested in second guessing the skinners so to speak.
Vultures Wrote:Playing all search results in a row "hands off" with the ability to switch would be nice. But what really rocks is the personalized channels thing:

Funny i couldn't get the personalized channels to return anything when i tried it out, most of the features you request would require additional work on xbmc's plugin python api, although we are looking into creating / requesting a "play all" function since a lot of users have requested this. The personalized channels would require youtube to provide access to this feature from their api, which so far they haven't.
Request: when you go over a video to be able to see in the in the info pane below or to the left how long ago it was uploaded.
2. To be able to sort results of a search by date
remember the issue i mentioned about youtube not playing movies when html 5 in firefox activated?

i had now time to investigate this further. it was just a coincidence. the problem is something else:

currently it happens nearly every day that the youtube plugin does not play videos. it works perfect up to the point a select a video to play. on hitting "enter" absolutly nothing happens.

i have activated the debug option in the plugins options but i still don't get any message in the log file. the only message i get is the keyboard or remote control message for hitting "enter" (repectively the remote button).

i have to restart xbmc (sometimes even twice) to get the plugin playing the videos again.

hence i currently use navi-x often to paly youtube videos as this works without any issues.
This is the same problem Vultures was having, we have an advanced setting that makes the plugin default to icons view for video lists, it should be possible to disable it in the advanced settings part of the plugin, but if that doesn't work try to delete the lines with:

Code:
        if (video_view):
In YouTubeNavigation.py (should only be 2 places), that should disable anything the plugin does with view modes. Smile[/quote]

ok just got into the file and only found it in one place when searching. i've removed it. is there another file i should be loking at for the second instance?
nmirza Wrote:This is the same problem Vultures was having, we have an advanced setting that makes the plugin default to icons view for video lists, it should be possible to disable it in the advanced settings part of the plugin, but if that doesn't work try to delete the lines with:

Code:
        if (video_view):
In YouTubeNavigation.py (should only be 2 places), that should disable anything the plugin does with view modes. Smile

ok just got into the file and only found it in one place when searching. i've removed it. is there another file i should be loking at for the second instance?[/quote]

What version of the plugin are you using..?

And no it should only be in that one file
I have both the Stable Version and Beta Versions of this Add-On Installed on XBMC and Just wanted to say I'm very satisfied with the Stable. The only things that I think it lacks are Show Support and Download Cap Counter Measure.

Problem_______________________________
Now I got the Beta because it has Show Support but I've Run into a Problem. Whenever I try to Load the Episode List of a Show it Gives me the Loading Bar and then Gives me an error. It doesn't Show the Episode List Meaning I can't watch the Show. I know I could Just Search for it but I'd like the Convenience of Browsing what's available.

PS: Can you add the Ability to Browse Shows by User? For Instance if I could Type in or Browse to(Either Way is Fine/or Both) Funimation it would show me all the Shows Provided by Funimation. You can do this on Hulu, and even on Youtube itself by going to the Users Channel and Clicking "Shows".

Download Idea_________________________
Youtube caps the Download speed after a Short Burst which is Fine when watching Videos but when Downloading or Seeking in a Video it gets annoying. I can live without a Fix for watching Videos but I think you should find a way to Get past it for Downloading. Since You can't Leave the Add-On until the Download Completes having to Sit there waiting for it to Download is Annoying. I get by this usually by Pausing the Download and then Resuming it Repeatedly using a Download Manager. You could Implement some Kind of Auto Pause-Start system for the Download.
guys, is there anyway to get the Subscriptions displayed in the same order that I added them (similar to Favourites) and not what seems like Random today ?
japzone Wrote:Now I got the Beta because it has Show Support but I've Run into a Problem. Whenever I try to Load the Episode List of a Show it Gives me the Loading Bar and then Gives me an error. It doesn't Show the Episode List Meaning I can't watch the Show. I know I could Just Search for it but I'd like the Convenience of Browsing what's available.

Hi what show are you having problem with?, and a debug log of this problem would be nice Smile

japzone Wrote:PS: Can you add the Ability to Browse Shows by User? For Instance if I could Type in or Browse to(Either Way is Fine/or Both) Funimation it would show me all the Shows Provided by Funimation. You can do this on Hulu, and even on Youtube itself by going to the Users Channel and Clicking "Shows".
Youtube doesn't support the notion of "shows" through their API, so we have no way of knowing when a user is connected to a show. This makes it pratically impossible to implement what you're asking.

japzone Wrote:Youtube caps the Download speed after a Short Burst which is Fine when watching Videos but when Downloading or Seeking in a Video it gets annoying. I can live without a Fix for watching Videos but I think you should find a way to Get past it for Downloading. Since You can't Leave the Add-On until the Download Completes having to Sit there waiting for it to Download is Annoying. I get by this usually by Pausing the Download and then Resuming it Repeatedly using a Download Manager. You could Implement some Kind of Auto Pause-Start system for the Download.
Yeah we thought about this one too, and its already on the todo list, but decided that it will have to wait until after Version 2 is released since we want to get it out before xmas.
pike Wrote:guys, is there anyway to get the Subscriptions displayed in the same order that I added them (similar to Favourites) and not what seems like Random today ?

Will look into it Smile
Is this a bug ? Tried to add a video to My Favourites inside Subscriptions, and I got a toaster saying: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request

I guess I oughta ask, is it trying to add it to Favourites on my youtube account ? (It's already there) I was trying to add it to the Favourites menu on our Homescreen...

Also in the contextmenu on said video I get the option 'Subscribe to (whomever posted it)' but I'm already subscribed to this person :p
pike Wrote:Is this a bug ? Tried to add a video to My Favourites inside Subscriptions, and I got a toaster saying: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request

I guess I oughta ask, is it trying to add it to Favourites on my youtube account ? (It's already there) I was trying to add it to the Favourites menu on our Homescreen...
Yeah it's probably a bug, but basically that button is for adding videos to your favorites list on youtube, and if the video's already there it will give an error. The button's there because checking if every video is already in you're favorites list every time we produce a listing would make the plugin unbearably slow.

pike Wrote:Also in the contextmenu on said video I get the option 'Subscribe to (whomever posted it)' but I'm already subscribed to this person :p
Basically this is the same issue as described above, the plugin doesn't really have any state tracking so when ever we produce a listing we just add any valid actions, regardless if they're invalid according to the data from youtube. Something could probably be done about this (like saving the list of favorited videos and subcriptions in the xbmc settings module and doing checks based on that) but that will have to wait to after V2 is released.
HenrikDK Wrote:Hi what show are you having problem with?, and a debug log of this problem would be nice Smile

I have it with all shows I try to watch. I'll try to get a Debug for you.

HenrikDK Wrote:Yeah we thought about this one too, and its already on the todo list, but decided that it will have to wait until after Version 2 is released since we want to get it out before xmas.

It's cool you are already planning on getting that in, I can wait till Version 2. I'll just use Navi-X or my Browser/Down.Manager with my trick if I'm impatient.

Just another thing, Is there a way to Check your Download Progress? So far unless I'm lucky enough to be looking at the Screen when it Pops-Up Done, the only way to check is to "Window" XBMC, open Nautilus, and Browse to my Download Folder. I can't quit the Youtube App either since the Download will Cancel if I do that. So some kind of Progress bar would be nice.
japzone Wrote:I have it with all shows I try to watch. I'll try to get a Debug for you.

It's cool you are already planning on getting that in, I can wait till Version 2. I'll just use Navi-X or my Browser/Down.Manager with my trick if I'm impatient.

Just another thing, Is there a way to Check your Download Progress? So far unless I'm lucky enough to be looking at the Screen when it Pops-Up Done, the only way to check is to "Window" XBMC, open Nautilus, and Browse to my Download Folder. I can't quit the Youtube App either since the Download will Cancel if I do that. So some kind of Progress bar would be nice.

Actually you can exit the plugin, the download gets it's own thread so it's independent of whether or not the plugin is "running". Any download should continue working as long as XBMC's running.

After version 2 we'll probably look into creating a progress bar, but it'll have to be an advanced setting as I'm not that fond of locking the screen.