Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried on few different computers. Now I install 13.2 for scratch on other comp. Same problem.
For testing purpose search "garbage music video" and try play something. I see opening stream and then window closes... Huge chunk of video not working as before redviolet update. After update all working fine few days and now not working again. Sad All links working fine with computer browser but I see advertise sometime not always and I need to skip it in order to watch. Maybe something wrong with that part in plugin.

Screenshot 13.2
(2014-11-22, 22:53)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]did you try to redownload youtube addon? then remove the folder and replace the .py file?

fryday i made a fresh installation of xbmc 13.2 with just youtube addon and the pyton file from redviolet (not logged).
so my folder under addon_data was virgin and vevo fails anyway.
in post n.4581 you can find the log generatetd during the test i posted on youtube at post n.4579.
as you can see signature is missed there as bromix said.
i think is not enough delete the folder under addon_data.
from which country are you from. i'm thinking that the country influence something.
Peppe
My experience and outcome is exactly the same as 389abc's. I don't wish to sound unduly paranoid, but could it be that Google are aware of the relative ease at which have been able to reprogramme the python script to mirror the periodic changes they make to the signature decoding, that they have made a more fundamental change so that the add-on is not picking up the signature at all? Looks like it is not going to be a quick fix this time?

Regards
A feature request to the youtube developers. would it be possible to be able to login with different users.
ie One with my subscriptions and one for my wife.
At present we have to goto setting and change the user info each time and then login to the different user details

many thanks.
YouTube plugin v4.4.10 cannot fetch video streams - It reports curl errors.
Tested with all:
* The latest stable XBMC v13.2
* Kodi beta version from "ppa:team-xbmc/unstable" repository
* Kodi nightly from "ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly" repository

In the log, I see errors like:

Code:
CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 403
CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.
Open - failed to open source <URL>
CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [URL]
CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=XQnUVNQuWNw]
(Note: I've replaced the full url with the "URL" string for clarity)

See the log for more information: http://pastebin.com/B6JL0R1q

I am using Ubuntu 14.04

$ apt-show-versions kodi curl libcurl libcurl-gnutls
curl:amd64/trusty-security 7.35.0-1ubuntu2.2 uptodate
kodi:all/trusty 2:14.0~git20141116.1742-beta3-0trusty uptodate
libcurl not installed
libcurl-gnutls not installed

Regards
(2014-11-23, 15:04)tojaj Wrote: [ -> ]YouTube plugin v4.4.10 cannot fetch video streams - It reports curl errors.
Tested with all:
* The latest stable XBMC v13.2
* Kodi beta version from "ppa:team-xbmc/unstable" repository
* Kodi nightly from "ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly" repository
This is related to the VEVO issue that has been reported. There is no signature in the YT request, hence the 403.
(2014-11-22, 23:48)389abc Wrote: [ -> ]Full debug log http://pastebin.com/GvZZHdyn

Could you disable the global debugging and enable debugging in YouTube plugin instead?

Specifically, search for "decrypt_signature" message.
from first decrypt_signature http://pastebin.com/Evi8uKPg Thank you.
(2014-11-23, 21:24)389abc Wrote: [ -> ]from first decrypt_signature http://pastebin.com/Evi8uKPg Thank you.

In which country are you located? It seems that you get an even more obfuscated signature code from google than I get. Fixing it would require more work than my previous hack.
here in Italy same sad situation. but with bromix version all works again.
Peppe
(2014-11-24, 11:13)redviolet Wrote: [ -> ]In which country are you located? It seems that you get an even more obfuscated signature code from google than I get. Fixing it would require more work than my previous hack.
I am from Russia. I've just installed Bromix repository and install youtube (alpha 20) After few reboots Bromix release seems to working for me. Thank you Bromix. I will be testing further. Is there a way to implement it to kodi youtube?
Wow... I've just installed Bromix's repo too and using alpha 21 - the speed of the plugin in comparison to the official one is amazing! Perhaps both projects can work together to get the features from the current Youtube plugin and the speed / working of the current one amalgamated into one?

For now will be using Bromix - have a party this week and this plugins always a necessity Wink

I've also requested some help from the youtube-dl project but not sure how that will pan out - they all seem like extremely nice guys and very well informed chaps. Given that Youtube is one of the flagship plugins for Kodi - perhaps it's better to have more hands to deck if possible.
Yes Bromix youtube working great for me. Tested all day. All plays well VEVO clips included.
so how i can set Bromix youtube to be the default youtube ?
Here all information: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200735
Plugin has uniq ID and installs as second youtube. You can have both.