Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok got it. For some reason Aeon Showmix skin did not display those options.
I can't seem to get the XBMC 10.0 YouTube 2.0.0 plugin to log in successfully to my YouTube account using either my GMail or YouTube logins. What could I be doing wrong?

Edit: It also won't allow me to view Dragon Age: Origins trailers because it says I need to be 18 or older. That's the only reason I was trying to log in in the first place.
HunterZ Wrote:I can't seem to get the XBMC 10.0 YouTube 2.0.0 plugin to log in successfully to my YouTube account using either my GMail or YouTube logins. What could I be doing wrong?

Edit: It also won't allow me to view Dragon Age: Origins trailers because it says I need to be 18 or older. That's the only reason I was trying to log in in the first place.

Depends wether or not you've linked your youtube account to a google account:
In that case you need to write the entire gmail address remembering the @gmail.com part (or at least that's how i got it working), you could also try unlinking the accounts on youtube if your not comfortable using your google account.

Other than that its hard to tell but a log with the plugins debug mode enabled would be nice Smile

/HenrikDK
OK not sure what you did since the last version, but this one is buggered. I elected it and was surprised to see most of the items where gone, just explore youtube and downloads, and a settings option.

Fair enough, go into settings and re enable the missing items. Then I get a loading box and it's stuck at 96%. After ages I cancel it, and xbmc then slows to a crawl. I select the youtube addon again and now I see a list with just downloads, and login.. (didn't it login by itself before?) I select this and it brings up the settings dialog (is this meant to happen, user and pass are already in) again I get a 96% loading box and nothing happens. Cancel again and xbmc gets even slower.... then completely locks up.

Nothing was broken, why the update?

EDIT: working now after restarting xbmc 3 times lol....
isn't that obvious; to annoy you.. way to appreciate peeps hard work!
HenrikDK Wrote:Depends wether or not you've linked your youtube account to a google account:
In that case you need to write the entire gmail address remembering the @gmail.com part (or at least that's how i got it working), you could also try unlinking the accounts on youtube if your not comfortable using your google account.

Other than that its hard to tell but a log with the plugins debug mode enabled would be nice Smile

/HenrikDK
I've got them linked, and I can log in to YouTube with either on a web browser. Neither one works in XBMC. The error it gives on the popup at the bottom of the screen is a bad username or password error. I'll try digging around for a log file next time I'm working on it; I just started using XBMC so I'm not intuitively aware of where it puts those.
Just thought I would post an announcement about this since it seems some users are experiencing problems.

Since we wanted to give xbmc user's a little xmas present, we pulled the plugin out of beta and released the final as version 2.0 into the repository.

Unfortunately most users will experience that most of their folders have disappeared since one of the changes in the beta was a change in the way folder visibility controlled.

Basically this can be fixed by going into the plugin settings under "Folders" and "Explore Youtube" and re-enable the folders that are now disabled.

The problem with the download folder appearing by default (although no download folder is set) is a bug that will be fixed in a future version of the plugin.
I'm using Youtube Beta 1.9.6 and I'm having No Problems with it. Pretty Much the Only things I wish were there are Limitations of XBMC and this being a Plugin, instead of a Script(Like Navi-X) which would allow those features to be implemented. However since this was Designed to be a Plugin, making it a Script would be a Big Deal and I would never ask them to do that(That's something for them to Decide). So I'm fairly satisfied with the Plugins abilities.

Good Work Guys Laugh
Thanks for and congratulations with the 2.0 release of this great addon!
Death-Axe Wrote:Very good plugin dude, not had allot of luck with plugins for video but yours is top notch. Could I ask a favor? one thing is missing that would make this plugin PERFECT would be adding TV catchup to the list. Then within this, a sub list for selecting the tv station, and one for genre.

Why not use TVCatchup's own plugin? http://plugins.tvcatchup.com/~xbmc/

Also, I've updated to v2 and unfortunately, I'm still not seeing the title of the video when I trigger playback using plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=$videoid, when pressing 'i' during playback to see video information. am i doing it wrong? heh

Edit: confirmed, it seems to only occur when loading videos in this way. When browsing for videos, I get all the title information during playback, but not when triggered like this!

Final edit: PS: Loving the youtube disco integration, works really well! thank you very much!
nmirza Wrote:Requests:

1- Any chance you could move the Queue video button to the very top of the list, so when you bring up the contexual menu its easy to access.
i find that from that whole list, queue is the most commonly used feature (atleast for me, and id assume for alot of other people out there) so if you're queing a bunch of videos it gets annoying to bring up the menu and then go to queue constantly (it used to be second last on the list, now it seems its moving to the middle of the list with new features added).

If you are going to be queuing a lot of items it is better to use the shortcuts provided by XBMC anyways. On my keyboard i press Q to queue an item, on my remote i press 0(zero). This is standard XBMC behaviour and also works with the YouTube plugin.

Is this method not sufficient?
HunterZ Wrote:I've got them linked, and I can log in to YouTube with either on a web browser. Neither one works in XBMC. The error it gives on the popup at the bottom of the screen is a bad username or password error. I'll try digging around for a log file next time I'm working on it; I just started using XBMC so I'm not intuitively aware of where it puts those.

EDIT: Please read post #502.
spiff Wrote:isn't that obvious; to annoy you.. way to appreciate peeps hard work!

Couldn't agree more. Smile
deepseth Wrote:Also, I've updated to v2 and unfortunately, I'm still not seeing the title of the video when I trigger playback using plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=$videoid, when pressing 'i' during playback to see video information. am i doing it wrong? heh

Edit: confirmed, it seems to only occur when loading videos in this way. When browsing for videos, I get all the title information during playback, but not when triggered like this!

This should just work™, could you please provide a debug log?

Update: This appears to be an XBMC issue(which i find surprising), i have created a trac. http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10958
The login process to google/youtube is rather complicated, and there are many complications with both the process, and the code.

The plugin developed on(and mainly tested on) Linux and Mac OS X, though we endeavour to test it on windows before every major release as well.

Login issues have been prevalent in this plugin from the very beginning, and while it has improved it still appears there are some generic problems with log in.

As such, if you want any help with this issue you must follow these steps.

1) Uninstall and remove the youtube plugin (and addon userdata) from XBMC
* On linux make sure the following folders don't exist:
$HOME/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/
$HOME/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/

* On Mac make sure the following folders don't exist:
/$User/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugins.video.youtube
/$User/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugins.video.youtube

* On Windows 7 and Vista make sure the fllowing folders don't exist:
\media\windows\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugins.video.youtube
\media\windows\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata/addon_data\plugins.video.youtube ( This path might be wrong. Will verify when i get home to a vista computer after xmas ).

2) Restart XBMC and install the LATEST youtube plugin. Remember which method was used to install the plugin.

3) Open the plugin and go to "Advanced" in settings and enable "Plugin debug"

4) Go back to general and enter your username and password and confirm.

5) Restart XBMC

6) If you still have login issue open settings and retype your login credentials.

7) Upload your debug log to http://pastebin.ca/upload.php ( Do NOT upload part of the log, we need the ENTIRE log. The easiest method is through the link provided).

8) Post a message in this thread with your debug log, and with your selected installation method ( Install from zip / Manual install / From repository ) and any other information that might be relevant.

If you have problems following the guide, please ask and we will help you through it.

Addendum:
If you can login with no issues and you run windows ( especially windows xp ) it would be a big help if i could get the following:
1) Windows version
2) XBMC version/revision
3) Plugin version

Of course i would prefer a debug log. But any and all confirmation of success on windows would be interesting.

Sincerely
A Barstard Commie.