Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok sorry, got it sorted now.
http://pastebin.com/Gvs8u2FD
I'm in the UK and its succesfully logged into my youtube account with my age on it so its not age or region restriction problem.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
STV player seems to work, Crackle does not.
tomolac Wrote:ok sorry, got it sorted now.
http://pastebin.com/Gvs8u2FD
I'm in the UK and its succesfully logged into my youtube account with my age on it so its not age or region restriction problem.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
STV player seems to work, Crackle does not.

From the raw xml thats returned by YouTube, it would seem that the episodes aren't viewable in you region.

Code:
<yt:state name='restricted' reasonCode='requesterRegion'>This video is not available in your region.</yt:state>

Can you view them on the website?
Can someone help me out. I see in the main menu that there is a link to My Downloads and i have set a download location in the addons settings. But how do i actually download a video? I cant find this option anywhere while using the addon.

Cheers, SD
sdesign Wrote:Can someone help me out. I see in the main menu that there is a link to My Downloads and i have set a download location in the addons settings. But how do i actually download a video? I cant find this option anywhere while using the addon.

Cheers, SD

Well, it should be in the context menu when you select a video:
http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/wiki/VideoFeed1
Thanks, i see it now. Didnt think about the context menu doh
HenrikDK Wrote:From the raw xml thats returned by YouTube, it would seem that the episodes aren't viewable in you region.

Code:
<yt:state name='restricted' reasonCode='requesterRegion'>This video is not available in your region.</yt:state>

Can you view them on the website?
yes I can watch 4od on youtube and on the channel 4 website on my regular computer with firefox, without trouble.
I double checked xbmc's international settings just incase and their fine, and theres no proxy setup.
Even tried changing the 'YouTube feeds country region' and nothing changed and my regular PC and my htpc are running from the same router.
tomolac Wrote:yes I can watch 4od on youtube and on the channel 4 website on my regular computer with firefox, without trouble.
I double checked xbmc's international settings just incase and their fine, and theres no proxy setup.
Even tried changing the 'YouTube feeds country region' and nothing changed and my regular PC and my htpc are running from the same router.

Hmm that's wierd for some reason the youtube api thinks you're outside the uk, we currently don't include you're ip in our info requests since we can't be certain that it's a public ip, but we could probably include the region as you requested.

I will look into making a special debug version that implements the region restriction and will dump more output, but since we're already having issues playing 4oD content (se this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...hlight=4oD)

It might be a while before we get everything sorted out.
Hi, I added some tv shows to my subscriptions; displayed as [tvshowname] (in square brackets) in my subscriptions list but they don't show under subscriptions in the addon. Is this a bug? also cannot add tv shows to faves in xbmc so can't do it like that either.
NM got it running on xbox.
Your add-on is brilliant.
However, is there any chance you could stop it from changing the view layout?

I don't know if this is just a problem with AeonNox (which I'm using), but the view layout is constantly changing itself to WALLVIEW, which is pretty bad for going through YouTube clips.

It's just a suggestion/idea, I don't know if anyone else gets this, but thought it might be something to consider.
thx otherwise for this great add-on.
PantsOnFire Wrote:Your add-on is brilliant.
However, is there any chance you could stop it from changing the view layout?

I don't know if this is just a problem with AeonNox (which I'm using), but the view layout is constantly changing itself to WALLVIEW, which is pretty bad for going through YouTube clips.

It's just a suggestion/idea, I don't know if anyone else gets this, but thought it might be something to consider.
thx otherwise for this great add-on.

go into the addon's options and change the 'default view for confluence' to xbmc default. This works for me on nox.
Death-Axe Wrote:go into the addon's options and change the 'default view for confluence' to xbmc default. This works for me on nox.

Is there some intended place I should get the YouTube addon? Because Im using the latest Nox (as updated from the add-ons panel in xbmc), (I cant recall where I got the YouTube add-on itself from), and I only get this option:
(its either OFF or ON)- Ive noticed on my laptop build, it has a few options which you can scroll up and down through), but this one only has on or off.
I've tried both and it makes no difference:

Strange. Old build maybe?
PantsOnFire Wrote:Is there some intended place I should get the YouTube addon? Because Im using the latest Nox (as updated from the add-ons panel in xbmc), (I cant recall where I got the YouTube add-on itself from), and I only get this option:
(its either OFF or ON)- Ive noticed on my laptop build, it has a few options which you can scroll up and down through), but this one only has on or off.
I've tried both and it makes no difference:

This is an old build of the plugin where that features is non working, the latest version is 2.0.2 and can be found it the official repo (through the addons menu in system settings)..
Hello!

I did a Brazilian Portuguese translation of he plugin. It would be possible to add it to the official distribution?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22768127/youtube...zil%29.zip