Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to get this to work on my atv2. I keep getting a max of login attempts and it fails. I have tried to uninstall the addon and then add it again however same problem. I read in another thread that I am suppose to delete the addon settings which I did on my atv2 and enable debug. I did that and still getting hte same errors.

here is my log http://pastebin.ca/2048354

EDIT: it working now. just did a restart xbmc and now its logging in.
rflores2323 Wrote:I am trying to get this to work on my atv2. I keep getting a max of login attempts and it fails. I have tried to uninstall the addon and then add it again however same problem. I read in another thread that I am suppose to delete the addon settings which I did on my atv2 and enable debug. I did that and still getting hte same errors.

here is my log http://pastebin.ca/2048354

EDIT: it working now. just did a restart xbmc and now its logging in.

Hi, this seems to be a problem with xbmc for atv2

Code:
YouTube-2.0.3 login failed, hit ioerror except2: : URLError(SSLError('_ssl.c:310: Invalid SSL protocol variant specified.',),)
12:50:32 T:205017088 M:107872256  NOTICE: ERROR: YouTubeCore::login (98) - <urlopen error _ssl.c:310: Invalid SSL protocol variant specified.>
12:50:32 T:205017088 M:107872256  NOTICE: CLASS:
12:50:32 T:205017088 M:107872256  NOTICE: URLError
12:50:32 T:205017088 M:107872256  NOTICE: ID:
12:50:32 T:205017088 M:107872256  NOTICE: 205206892
12:50:32 T:205017088 M:107872256  NOTICE: TYPE:
12:50:32 T:205017088 M:107872256  NOTICE: <class 'urllib2.URLError'>
12:50:32 T:205017088 M:107872256  NOTICE: VALUE:
12:50:32 T:205017088 M:107872256  NOTICE: URLError(SSLError('_ssl.c:310: Invalid SSL protocol variant specified.',),)
12:50:32 T:205017088 M:107872256  NOTICE: CALLABLE:
12:50:32 T:205017088 M:107872256  NOTICE: No
12:50:32 T:205017088 M:107872256  NOTICE: None

It seems that the ssl library delivered with the default python version on xbmc for atv2 doesn't do ssl properly, or atleast doesn't do the needed protocol to authenticate with google, this needs to be escalated with team XBMC.
^ how do we escalate this with team xbmc?
rflores2323 Wrote:^ how do we escalate this with team xbmc?

creating a "trac" ticked describing the problem with ssl errors on atv2's version of python here:
http://trac.xbmc.org/
I also had this problem. In this case, a reinstall and obviously re entering the username password details resolved it for me.
After running the login script for 5 min i got in. Smile

One thing tho, with the Aeon Nox skin i get the preview images displayed as posters so they get stretched. Any way to fix that with the plugin settings or do i have to make a specific request with the skin creator in which case what should i ask?
Rionsic Wrote:After running the login script for 5 min i got in. Smile

One thing tho, with the Aeon Nox skin i get the preview images displayed as posters so they get stretched. Any way to fix that with the plugin settings or do i have to make a specific request with the skin creator in which case what should i ask?

Under advanced settings "Viewmode in confluence" set it to "XBMC default" that means the plugin will stop setting view mode, since this feature was made only to work with the confluence skin.
Quote:Sorry - you must be 18 or over to watch this video

am I blind or how do I tell script that I am quite a bit over 18 so I can watch these ?

Also, sometimes when I go to add-on I'm not logged in, and only way to login is to enter settings and back out or something like it, I can't recall, it's quite annoying when it happens
pike Wrote:am I blind or how do I tell script that I am quite a bit over 18 so I can watch these ?

Also, sometimes when I go to add-on I'm not logged in, and only way to login is to enter settings and back out or something like it, I can't recall, it's quite annoying when it happens

Hi Pike, the over 18 part isn't something you set in the plugin but is taken from your YouTube account when the plugin tries to do a http login. We've recently discovered an error in this function so a fix will be part of the next beta and we're debating whether to do a back-port to the current production release.

As for the requirements of periodic re-logins this is caused by youtube having a timeout on the login token they provide. Right now the plugin can't handle this case but it's being worked on for the next beta.
pike Wrote:am I blind or how do I tell script that I am quite a bit over 18 so I can watch these ?
I have found a bug on production that might be causing issues, i'm making a backport from our beta branch.

In the mean time, try setting safe_search to off in the add-on settings, that might help.
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:I have found a bug on production that might be causing issues, i'm making a backport from our beta branch.

In the mean time, try setting safe_search to off in the add-on settings, that might help.

nope, was already off, doesn't help.
Also before I forget, is there no way to sort the Subscriptions in a better way than today ? it seems totally random today the order the script shows them in... I would like an option to sort them in the order I added them in.

Youtube seems to sort the a-Z and even that is better than what I feel is random, problem with current sort is the page system script uses
pike Wrote:Also before I forget, is there no way to sort the Subscriptions in a better way than today ? it seems totally random today the order the script shows them in... I would like an option to sort them in the order I added them in.

Youtube seems to sort the a-Z and even that is better than what I feel is random, problem with current sort is the page system script uses

Yeah just checked the api We already call a the youtube api url like this:
Code:
http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/Darkmatter2k/subscriptions?&start-index=1&max-results=25&orderby=title
notice the "orderby=title" part, but YouTube completely ignores this part. I just checked the api description and it seems they don't support sorting, I'll look into a hardcoded fix for this.
Nice thanks...

Does script support Watch Later playlists ?
pike Wrote:Nice thanks...

Does script support Watch Later playlists ?

Theres no api covering the watch later part of youtube, but we'll probably make a scraper that atleast supports listing.