Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Successful build with Maverick and PRE-10.5 r33036
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys -n- gals,

I have completed a build on my new H55 ITX Zotac i5 system.

I have a few issues though, since I installed Maverick firct, and then built xbmc under a normal install, I think I have sound and mouse 'overlap' issues.
It is also very heavy on the cpu utilization, whereas a good old live CD 9.11 boot runs just fine and the cpu only hiccups. I want to tune this one right, so I will start over (on a new volume as I have many). Should I just install XFCE or fluxbox only and then follow the also how to I saw here recently or can I fix the one I already made, by extricating it from the x-session that refuses to lay down? If I can beat this one up to get it right, I will, but I can just start on a new volume as well just as easy if not easier.

I sure hope that it isn't something in the new kernel that will hit us all.

Other than that, it is pretty sweet. So far so good. I may have to turn off the Intel stab at accelerated graphics, and shove a full Nvidia PCI-e card into this already stuffed brick! I'll love that day... NOT!
it's vsync.
spiff Wrote:it's vsync.
vsync is off. I would hate to think that Intel did this so badly. The video mode jumps around all over the place from one boot to the next (not in xbmc, on the boot up sequences). Anyway, I got the sound working, but the mouse still keeps getting sucked back to the sceen center. I should have /may still do a XFCE only box. I think this desktop has too many gui processes running, stealing away from my xbmc "engine".
Intel drivers for the core ix gpus on Linux suck badly.
Also the shader power is not enough of the Core i5 gpu (even on windows!!!). At least for hq upscaling. The new Sandy Bridge gpus will do it, but only next year.