Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WP7 Skin] - Clean and Simple (Touch Optimized)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello folks!

First of all sorry for my poor english skills, I'm from switzerland ;-)

I am fairly new to this xbmc-skinning-thing, but not to xbmc, I've been using it for a long time (old xbox). Currently I'm working on a little project to get skilled with skinning.

This is what I have come up with so far (little update):

As you see, I got inspired by the Windows Phone 7 Look, which is really clean and simple. I'm implementing a loginscreen for different users, because this skin will be used in a shared flat. Each user will get a dashboard with his own facebook-account, rss-feeds, playlists, and much more. My goal is to make it as easy as possible to navigate both with a remote and with a touch-interface (for kitchen i.e.)

If anyone is interested in this little project, give me some feedback, and I will eventually release the skin in an usuable state (hopefully :-D ).
I'll keep my eye on this one. anyone branching out into the "touch" compatibility world, has my backing. I'll be happy to do some testing when this finally gets released.

I look forward to a beta release

RBX
Your skin reminds me of this:
http://fediafedia.deviantart.com/art/Omn...-158707137

I've thought of using the Omnimo HUD as a launcher for xbmc, boxee, hulu desktop, etc. but never got around to doing so. If you made a new xbmc skin that matched the Omnimo look, I could really dig it...

Good luck!
NS
Yeah, you're right, the Omnimo HUD and the WP7 interface were my initial insirations for this project, so this skin will look as similar as possible to the Omnimo HUD.

Dendamin
thanks. Looking forward to more touch based options for XBMC!
XBMC and touchscreen gets my vote, but personally I do not like the login screen due to the background image and also the square buttons.

I would love to see something like you see in pubs the top of the pops jukebox or reasonably something similarish to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tscegVYz2aM

Someone has tried a touchscreen project before, but sadly on the backburner, but touch screen xbmc is much needed.

Hope you make this work.

Regards

Mark
Looks great!
Thanks for all your replies, the interest on this little project seems bigger then i thought. ^^

@MarkTaunton: The background image is from lucerne, my hometown, you can change it very easy if you like. ;-)

My goal is to create a skin that comes very close to the Omnimo HUD, and a very important element of this concept are those square buttons. ;-)

But luckily tastes are different, so you could mod my skin in any way you like.

Dendamin
Dendamin Wrote:Thanks for all your replies, the interest on this little project seems bigger then i thought. ^^

If you do create this skin, you will end up being a legend, 99% because of touchscreen compatibility, a lot of skins have troubles using mouse input.

I honestly hope you pull this off, as my touch screen is dyeing for something good.
EDIT: Problem solved, it was my fault :-)