Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sort Order and unRAID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is an odd one. I'm using an unRAID server (lime-technology.com) for my media with XBMC on my Windows 7 HTPC. It works great, however, I'm running into an interesting problem with the sort order. I have a group of movies that have a certain actor in it that I wanted to group together. So I put his name in the sort order column in Ember, which writes it into the .nfo file. So far so good. BUT, the way unRAID works is this: it keeps each disk in the array separate, nothing is spanned, so you can access each disk separately or create shares like "Movies", for example and then it will look on each disk for a folder called "Movies" and show it all to you as if on one disk. Well, what is seeming to happen is that while the regular title sorting is acting correctly, seeing the "Movie" share as one disk, the sort order is addressing each disk separately and sorting accordingly. So I get all the movies on one disk in the right sort order in alphabetical order for that actor, then the next disk, then the next and so on. Any ideas?
Sounds like that was the order in which they were scraped. In XBMC they should be sorted alphabetically either way when you click on the actor?