Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio error, no sound very high gain (strange)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

I've got a strange audio related error. I had a working installation of xbmc on ubuntu 9.10 when i decided to upgrade (yes i know, why touch a working system).

My system is a standard installation of Ubuntu desktop, with an apt-get installed xbmc.

I did a dist-upgrade of ubuntu and update/upgrade on all packages after the successfull upgrade.

I'm running a POV ION motherboard and takes the audio from the 3.5 mm audioplug.

Now to the problem.

I've got no sound, when i look in alsamixer everything seems ok, all sound upped and on. The video audio is unmovable, it's maxed and i can't change it.

Besides no sound i see a strange phenomena on my amplifier, the sound/output displays is maxed and if i turn up the volume just a notch the surge protectors on my amplifier cuts the putput. It looks almost as if i get +5v output from the XBMC computer and it's routed straight into my stereo..

Anyone who has seen something similar or someone who can help/give pointers?Oo
when you say you are running full ubuntu, do you get system sounds / any audio outside of XBMC or is this also broken?
I didn't check on the desktop but the problem is resolved. You gave me a little push in the right direction...

I started alsamixer and choose to see all. Then i muted all spdif channels and the problem went away.

Not sure why that should change anything, isn't that a different connector?

Anyway, thanks!

//Jörgen