Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Live unmounts/disconnects USB drive automatically
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi everyone,

i am running the latest XBMC Live on an Acer Revo R3600. recently i have attached a USB powered 2.5" SATA HDD that I have media on, only problem is after some time (roughly a day) the drive unmounts itself.

Is there a way i can get it to stay connected? my 1TB powered 3.5" external drive is fine, stays connected all the time. it doesnt seem to matter if it's HFS+ or DOS formatted either, just disconnects on it's own

any help would be great,
cheers
it sounds like the drive "auto-offs" if inactive and the acer wont turn it back on.

my 2 cents....either the drive has an auto-off feature or the acer does. Look in to turning them off. maybe a setting in the bios for the acer could be the culprit or the drive. maybe if XBMC is allowed to go in to screen saver mode or sleep mode the drive turns off. try disabling those things in XBMC.
hey thanks for the reply, i'll try those. screen saver mode won't be the cause, but sleep mode could be, i'll check.