Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FTP issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

hate to bother you all (I usually never ask for help in forums, I like solving my problems myself) but after reading about this and trying to sort it all day, I am so ridiculously frustrated now. I'm trying to ftp into my Xbox running XBMC 9.04 r19856 via crossover cable from my laptop. Hooking it up to my router is an option, but I would prefer to be able to access it in other places (I'm doing this for a family member who lives elsewhere, so obviously it'll be quite far from my router.) The Xbox was purchased with XBMC so I really have no idea what to do, but I think it's persuaded me to install it on mine when I figure this out Laugh

So I reset all the settings and started from scratch, nothing seems to work, I'm getting absolutely no response from the Xbox. I'm running Vista on my laptop, but is it true people have problems with it? If that's the case, I can use my desktop which runs XP and Ubuntu, but again I'd prefer not to. Can anyone suggest what settings I should be using? Let me know if I need to post any more information.

Cheers folks,
jiinyus.
If you aren't plugging it into a router, it wont have an ip address - so you will need to setup static addresses on both your xbox and laptop.

Development and support for the xbox was dropped some time ago, however there is still an active community at http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/

I suggest you ask their as you will get more support.
Thanks very much my friend.