Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mulitipe andoid remotes to 1 instance of XBMC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an old Windows XP system that I use to drive my whole house audio system. I have XMBC running on it with loads of MP3s, and a bunch of playlists. It sits in a closet with 4 amps that give me 8 zones for listening.

I'm wondering if I had 3 or 4 android devices (once the prices get < $100) sitting around, can I control the music - sort of using them like wall mounted keypads similar to a system like Sonus or Control4?

So I can go into one room and change the music, then another and change the music again.

Thanks.
fred.
I don't see why not but I can't say for certain its going to work, but I don't see why it wouldn't work

-=Jason=-
@ fred-what are you using for a sound card, if ya don't mind me asking
better question. how are you doing multizone on one computer with xbmc? that's what i'm trying to do.
just checked - 2 androids controlling 1 instance of xmbc is possible - u do timeseek on first phone and your change is reflected on the second one:

here's photo (hd quality!):
grajen3 Wrote:here's photo (hd quality!):
LOL.

I think I'll just not tell my wife this. "No honey. Only it can only run 1 remote at a time: the one on *my* phone"