Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] VDPAU deinterlacing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The posts I could find on the topic VDPAU deinterlacing options are all quite old. As I have quite some interlaced DVD material I'm looking for the most optimal way of outputting that content to my TV.

First of all, I have VDPAU properly configured and use it as the default renderer in XBMC. I can't however seem to find the VDPAU deinterlacing options. I'm using XBMC 9.11 r26018 in Ubuntu 10.04.

I have the following related questions:

1. Is VDPAU deinterlacing not supported in the latest official XBMC release? If so, is there an easy way to enable this? In MPlayer I successfully used the -vo vdpau:deint=x option with 3 and 4 for VDPAU, is this available somehow in XBMC now?

2. My TV supports interlaced signals, so I could also let my TV handle the deinterlacing step. Is there a way to let XBMC output a 1080i signal? I've successfully applied the config described in the following post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70068and my TV switches the frame rate accordingly. I tried adding the respective 'i' modes in xorg.conf from the EID list but my TV came back with mode not supported when playing the interlaced content. Is this possible at all, because then I could continue trying.. ?

3. How can I force ffmpeg12_vdpau for my DVD content, I ripped my collection to individual .mkv files so I don't care about the menus.
1: We support it partly.. There is work in progress to improve it. But it should already be reasonable.

2: Nope. That is not supported.

3: It should already use vdpau for dvd like content (but it's explicitly disabled for playback of actual dvd's)
Thanks for the answer.

Quote:1: We support it partly.. There is work in progress to improve it. But it should already be reasonable.

How do I enable the currently available functionality? Is there a way to use it in XBMC 9.11 r26018?

Quote:3: It should already use vdpau for dvd like content (but it's explicitly disabled for playback of actual dvd's)

How can I change the current ffmpeg12 codec being used by the vdpau ones on the mkv files with DVD material that do not contain any menus? Of all different formats I have tested the only one that actually uses vdpau is the h264 content although vdpau is selected as the default render method. Is this possible at all in XBMC 9.11 r26018?
get a newer build.. the beta of dharma should be out soon, your build is too old to support the stuff you are after for vdpau
is there a way to stay with vdpau rendering and choose from non-vdpau deinterlace options. that vdpau deinterlacers suck or maybe are not fully working now. I still prefer standard blend method which creates maybe less sharp image but free of interlace lines, vdpau deinterlacers can't do that for me

[Dharma_b1, mpeg2 pes 25fps interlaced]
No, vdpau does the yuv to rgb conversion, this can only be done after adding support for GL_NV_vdpau_interop.
is it expected in dharma release? or next one?

can't that be done like 9.11, there was vdpau rendering with standard deinterlacing methods like blend
i'm boring i know Smile but i'm still looking for a method to use VDPAU only for x264 material and nothing more... because of MPEG2 interlaced SD material looks so ugly, artifacts and VDPAU deinterlacers which in fact do not deinterlace (not as good as software deinterlacers do)...

there would be so nice to add an option to advancedsettings.xml like <allowmpeg2vdpau>true/false</allowmpeg2vdpau>, just like mpeg4 already has then anybody could just disable that feature and no more whining Smile

best regards