Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Files not getting added to library automatically?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a new use so forgive me if this has been answered before (I did a quick search but didn't see any posts with the issue I'm having)

I had been using Ember Media Manager to scrape my movies. I've scraped about 200 odd of them but when I add the folder with the movies into xbmc they don't seem to be getting added to the library.

I have added the folder containing the movies to xbmc, set the content of the folder to movies, I'm not sure what else I need to do?

All my movies are stored in the following way

movies
MacGruber (2010)
[INDENT]MacGruber.avi
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]MacGruber.jpg
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]MacGruber.nfo
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]MacGruber.tbn
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]MacGruber-fanart.jpg
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Avatar.avi
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Avatar.jpg
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Avatar.nfo
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Avatar.tbn
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Avatar-fanart.jpg
[/INDENT]

etc

The only way I can get the movies to add to the library is to right click on them and select update information and as you can imagine I really don't fancy doing that for hundreds of movies.

Am I missing some vital step somewhere?
Abe Froman Wrote:http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Set_Contents_(Video_Library)
Thanks for the link but unless I'm missing something (which is highly possible) I have done everything mentioned in that link.
unabatedshagie Wrote:Thanks for the link but unless I'm missing something (which is highly possible) I have done everything mentioned in that link.
When setting content are you selecting scan recursively? if not then select that and make sure use foldername for lookup is disabled then try again, also what revision of xbmc are you running as the latest builds are very good right nowSmile
paul Wrote:When setting content are you selecting scan recursively? if not then select that and make sure use foldername for lookup is disabled then try again, also what revision of xbmc are you running as the latest builds are very good right nowSmile
Recursive selected, folder name lookup is enabled and I'm running the build released on the 28th.

I will try with folder name lookup disabled.
Obviously been a configuration error on my end.

Turned off the folder name lookup and it's started adding the files.

Thanks
unabatedshagie Wrote:Recursive selected, folder name lookup is enabled and I'm running the build released on the 28th.

I will try with folder name lookup disabled.
Disable folder name lookup should work at least it does for me.