Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MAC - System Info, Network Details Partially Populated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MBPro Dual-core 2.8
OSX 10.6.4
XBMC 10.0 beta 1 r33324

This is a cosmetic bug.

MAC address is all zeros
Gateway and Primary and Secondary DNS are blank

Happens to both wired and wireless connections.

Related requests:
Can it display which interface XBMC is bound to? (or is it safe to assume the interface with the lowest cost default route?)
Can XBMC be set to bind to a specific network interface?

Thanks, and keep up the great work, really enjoying XBMC,
Glenn
GlennK Wrote:MBPro Dual-core 2.8
OSX 10.6.4
XBMC 10.0 beta 1 r33324

This is a cosmetic bug.

MAC address is all zeros

Happens to both wired and wireless connections.

Related requests:
Can it display which interface XBMC is bound to? (or is it safe to assume the interface with the lowest cost default route?)
Can XBMC be set to bind to a specific network interface?

Thanks, and keep up the great work, really enjoying XBMC,
Glenn

XBMC picks the default interface that is in use on OSX. If you are doing strange games with network interfaces, we don't support that Smile
Nope, nothing strange to see here, please move along. Wink

Kind of what I figured, as far as choosing interfaces.

I do have some Parallels and Keyspan interfaces, none of which are currently active. I enabled wireless, started XMBC, checked the IP info. Shut down XBMC, disabled Airport, connected to the wired network, fired up XBMC, saw the new IP. However, the problem mentioned above remains.

Cheers!
Glenn
GlennK Wrote:Nope, nothing strange to see here, please move along. Wink

Kind of what I figured, as far as choosing interfaces.

I do have some Parallels and Keyspan interfaces, none of which are currently active. I enabled wireless, started XBMC, checked the IP info. Shut down XBMC, disabled Airport, connected to the wired network, fired up XBMC, saw the new IP. However, the problem mentioned above remains.

Cheers!
Glenn

I never did any work to resolve these.

Quote:MAC address is all zeros

It's useless info for most users and they actually think the MAC address is something Mac specific Smile
Heh, agreed. Just brought it up for that day when "Geez, guys, we've got no impacting bugs, let's work on the cosmetic junk" rolls around. Tongue

Cheers!