Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Music Libary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I have an issue (more of a gripe really) but for some reason, not all my music is loaded into my Music Libary.

Currently I have 120gig+ of music which is perfectly organized (Im REAL padantic with my sorting and conventions) and is growning at a steady rate.

I've managed to scan all my music to the libary (well what I though was all my music at the time) however when I cross reference what is actually scanned and what is shown in the file view I'm a handful off albums off.

In file view it showed as having 170 odd artist (structure is Music/Artist/Album/Song) but when I change back to Libary Mode it only shows as having 160 odd artist.

Also noticed that some albums were missing as well. I cleaned my libary, rescanned, and rescanned again. But it would still miss the albums unless I manaully go into file view and manually add the album

Im know that I dont have the debug files (which I applogize for), but if there is anything that anyone could do to help. That would be great. Im happy to try anything but please note that I'm a complete newb so please have extreme detail

Thanks for any help
I had the same propblemWink

Quote:use 'lookup info for all artists' / 'lookup info from all albums' from the context menu in the relevant library node.
That has zero, nothing, nada to do with how many artists are shown in the library. XBMC cares only about what is in the tags. No tags -> no library. The debug log will reveal anything like this.
Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I understand that if the tags are not correct it wont detect. But I know for a fact that everything is tagged correctly because I've been through it manually before I move it to the music source.

It seems wierd that it will add it to the libary if I force it to (as in, I manually go "add to libary" on the folder)

Debugging is great idea. Where, and what do I need to do to get to the file though?

Again, I've played with XBMC for years but I always find myself doing everything the long winded way. So if you could please help me with this, that would be fantatic

Again, thanks so much for the help
Err... Sorry I misread Confused

For debug log, go to System>System>Debugging select Enable debug logging. Then scan your source.

In windows the log file is in youruser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC.
Linux would be youruser/.xbmc/temp
Oh cool!

Cheers for that, should i completly remove my DB and start again from scratch or just try and load whats mising and then check the logs

Oh, Im also using Xbox1. Just cant pull away from it lol

Cheers
Quote:Oh, Im also using Xbox1

In that case I suspect we'll be unable to help further - the codebases have diverged quite a bit, so I can't say one way or another what the cause could be. I'm sure the folk over at xbmc4xbox will be able to help out though Smile
Cheers for that. Will do