Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Newbie needs help :-)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Lads,

I've just recently heard about this great program. So i have it installed on both my pc's which is hooked up to my flatscreen in my bedroom and my living room (Revo aspire).

Anyway, i have some TV-series, such as: South park, Boston legal, Family guy, American dad and a danish one called "Klovn" - all of thoose are on the pc in my bedroom and they all are fine, with fanart, info about each eps and so on...

Now my problem; I got South park aswell in my living room and it worked fine up untill now - I got "That 70's show" and wanted to do the Library thing, with fanart, info about each episoide etc.... But it just wouldnt do it? So i read somewhere on this site that i should delete the source (they are in the same folder called: Series) and redo it! So i did and now I cant even get south park working...What did hell did i do wrong?

Note that I am REALLY a newbie, i dont understand scripts and programs and so on - i really only know how to make a library and use it (atleast i thought so), so if your so kind to take the time to answer me on this, please do so with this in mind ;-) I'm really "unenlighten".

Thanks alot.
Sounds like a renaming issue.

XBMC requires about five minutes of setup to get the software installed. But if you're coming fresh to XBMC with a massive media library, you're likely to wind up spending many hours renaming your media into an XBMC-friendly format. You've probably built up a large library of files from different sources that aren't always named in a way that the scraper can recognize. The scraper prefers indecision to a wrong decision (as opposed to Boxee's scrapers, which will take a best guess at every file, even if that means tagging old Honeymooners episodes as the 2005 Cedrick the Entertainer movie).

For TV shows, make sure that each series has its own folder (in this case, all episodes of That 70's Show should be in "C:\TV Shows\That 70's Show"). If you have any stray files laying around, the scrapers won't know what to do with them.

Next, you have to make sure each episode is named using an XBMC-friendly convention. The wiki has a good page that spells all of this out: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_...eo_Library)

You can use a lot of different tools to help automate this process; I like the one that can be found here: tvrenamer.com

After wasting a perfectly good Sunday getting all your files in order, you should Add Source in XBMC, point to your TV show folder, and Set Content to TV. I would recommending deleting the existing source you have and clearing the library beforehand.
That 70's show has 2 entries when I do a scan. Pick the other.
Rather than going through the guessing route, you might post a debug log taken while adding media to your library. see my signature for how to find and post a debug log. (Note, if you are using Windows, view the Windows problem link in my sig..)

Edit: Also, just to make sure you did everything right, feel free to read the quick start guide:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide
Wickstar, try also checking out my site. Here you can find some danish support on XBMC
Thanks alot for your replies mates. Highly appreciated!