Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Gametrailers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
copied lots from the other scripts, including help from flash (thanks)
still have some bugs and parsing errors to take care of, but im tired Smile so releasing it first.

appreciate all comments, thanks

download here: kaer4.tripod.com
thanks for fixing the link!
edited
try again
edited
nice work man.
kaer: don't mind the dark knight, it's his problem, the yousendit link works perfectly fine, so i guess he's the "genius" in this case. i'm looking forward to play with this script when i get home. cheers and thanks for your effort.
hello.

the download worked fine for me too. can't wait to check out the script. thanks for the effort!
hi thanks

i would like to apologize first if it doesn't work correctly, it works fine on my xbox but i haven't tested it thoroughly. do let me know if there is any problem and hopefully i will be able to solve it.
i've now played around with the script and it works flawlessly as far as caching and displaying the selected trailer. however it seems as if gametrailers.com isn't willing to send out the trailers with alot of bandwidth, i've now downloaded several trailers from their site and i've peaked with 2 files at 70 kb/s and the rest has been in the range of 10-30 kb/s... wich simply doesn't cut it when it comes to streaming the files. my only suggestion would be to make the script download and play the files from a temp directory. sure this will take longer but as it is now they are un-watchable because they skip so much.

i don't think it has to do with my broadband, but then again you never know. has anyone else gotten to play the trailers without them trying to skip themselves to death?
hi
i thought it was my own bandwidth problem. but its nice to hear the script is working for you. i had some files played flawlessly but recently there's been some skipping.

things to do:
1) add a download option (will take most of flash work, heh sorry)
2) some parsing errors, the title contains <br> etc
i used your first version of the scripts and watch almost al the trailers and had only 1 time some skipping. it's just a great script! thnx

but your link gametrailers2.rar doesn't work. also in the second link of xbox-scene forum the link of chilin_dude is script version 1 and not 2..

pm/mail me, i can host the gametrailers2.rar for you if you want..
http://kaer4.tripod.com
think it works by accessing the site first. i did email you the file, (filenames different but essentially same)

erm, well, changes:
1) placement of pictures, buttons
2) added playback of downloaded clip
3) addded download'/stream dialog

well, report if any bugs, basic functions should work Smile

i have almost exhausted things to add, so do let me know if you me to change anything etc. i might add the alphabetical listings, thinking of the best of implementing it, might use the virtual keyboard. :lookaround:
gametrailers2 works half for me. when i start it up i get download failed
after five times pressing ok i get the trailer screen without the background i can watch the trailers.
what should i change in gametrailers.py to see the background
my path is
/e/apps/xbmc/scripts/gametrailers2/gametrailers.py
oh try installing to /e/apps/xbmc/scripts/gametrailers/

alternatively, modify the path in the script. look for the line:

root_dir = "q:\\scripts\\gametrailers\\"

in your case it will be

root_dir = "q:\\scripts\\gametrailers2\\"

im not sure whether its case sensitive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6