Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What's the standard for ListItem.MPAA?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I my quest to reduce code and unify things I changed all my visible conditions to a single label for the ratings so they would be displayed as RATED (ListItem.MPAA) but this seems to have caused problems for some. They end up with RATED RATED R... instead.

The thing is I double checked both IMDB and TMDB scrapers and for me they both save the rating as a single label (ie PG, R, etc) in my database and yet it's still different for others using them.

So what is the standard for this info?

<mpaa>Rated R for horror violence/gore and language.</mpaa>

or

<mpaa>R</mpaa>

Thanks.
Its what ever the site throws back as the value
eg: for Inception http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/ it says
Quote:MPAA:
Rated PG-13 for sequences of violence and action throughout
so thats what gets filled into the feild
And yet when I try with Zombieland it gets fulled with just the R using either scraper but it's listed as 'Rated R for horror violence/gore and language.'

This is really confusing me now.
Are you using Ember? I believe Ember has a setting to have 'Rated R for horror violence/gore and language.' outputted as 'Rated R'
I normally use EMM and set it to only use the value but since the full rating is getting used for some people I decided to try using IMDB and TMDB scrapers. I remove the movie from the library, check the database to see that's it's definitely gone, re-scrape it using the scrapers and still only get the value.
Are the scrapers cleaning it?

IMDB -

<expression>MPAA&lt;/a&gt;:&lt;/h5&gt;\n?&lt;div class=&quot;info-content&quot;&gt;\n?(.[^&lt;]*)</expression>