Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scraping issues, several scrapers.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, just downloaded XBMC today thinking of switching from MediaPortal and like what I see other than a couple of small issues.

First I'd like to say I started with Dharma beta 1, after I couldn't get things working right I figured it was a beta issue so I switched to the latest stable release, still had the issues. So now I'm back to Dharma and posting here.

Here is my debug log (removed user directory), I am using XBMC on an active directory.

I have 2 distinct problems with scraping movies, one is specific to TMDB the other is with pretty much any other scraper.

First with any other scraper than TMDB no matter what settings I use it's pulling information in various languages and most titles are completely wrong.

With TMDB the titles it actually gets are usually correct given some odd ones (Wes Cravens New Nightmare is an example), however with several of the movies it just shows up blank in library mode no title, no year, no nothing. When I went over the debug log myself I don't actually see any errors relating to these movies (the movie I chose was Avatar). You can see the movies it did scrape were just grabbed again from the XML file (several reinstalls so a couple did stay), however there is no XML for the movies that are blank. If I try to refresh the data it gets the search right and pops up (for Avatar) as there are many titles. I choose the correct one and almost instantly it downloads and all the information is still blank.

Here is a screenshot of the movie library to show what I mean by blank:

P.S.
Sort of side problem/annoyance:
Scraping TV shows using TVDB isn't downloading some banners even though prefer posters is disabled. If I go manually select the banners are there and it is for some fairly big TV shows that do have banners (Big Bang Theory for example).
Most strange. Scan looks fine, title is picked up no problem etc. It might be worth grabbing sqlitespy or similar and taking a nosy in your video database (it's in your userdata folder - see the top of your log). The c00 column is title.

EDIT: Actually, something is going wrong. tmdb is returning some very strange results. Take the search URL there in your log into a web browser, and then see the constructed getInfo lookup for Avatar - not that it gives no results...

Cheers,
Jonathan
I have idMovie, idFile, c05, c07, c08, c13 and c20 with data for Avatar. Everything else is blank.

The reason it has poster information is probably from one of the other scrapers.
Opening the search URL in a web browser shows all the raw XML data.

*EDIT*
If I open http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.getI...0ea9/19995 which as far as I can tell is the link that should show the information I get the following:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <OpenSearchDescription xmlns:opensearch="http://a9.com/-/spec/opensearch/1.1/">
  <opensearch:Query searchTerms="19995" />
  <opensearch:totalResults>0</opensearch:totalResults>
  <movies>Nothing found.</movies>
  </OpenSearchDescription>
Yup - seems like tmdb are having issues.

http://forums.themoviedb.org/topic/1349/...g-results/
jmarshall Wrote:Yup - seems like tmdb are having issues.

http://forums.themoviedb.org/topic/1349/...g-results/

Ah that explains a lot. Been at this all night. Tongue

Not that I'm going to use any of them now that I know TMDB should be back up but can you explain why even using IMDB I have like a 30% incorrect title rate? I'm using the folder as the name and they are all like This.Movie.2009. But things like the movie Ali instead of returning Ali I get Ali-G. But when I do a search on IMDB the website for "Ali" it's the first result. Other movies that aren't so similar are way out of whack, some even in different languages.

P.S.
Any explanation to the wide icons/banners for my TV shows? I looked in the directory for some of them an there is a banner.jpg with the banner, but it doesn't use them by default instead it uses the poster. And this is only on some TV shows (Chinese Food Made Easy for example).
A look at the scan log may give hints regarding the IMDb scanner.

Not sure about the banner issue - you're saying this happens for The Big Bang Theory?

EDIT: The Big Bang Theory scrapes a banner just fine for me with the default tvdb settings.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Glad to see I was not the only one with this issue, and that a fix is in place.
Removed any info other than the TV shows themselves and rescanned which seems to have fixed the problem.

Probably going from Mediaportal to XBMC the metainfo that Mediaportal generated was throwing XBMC off a bit.

Anyway, thanks again for your help. Really liking XBMC so far. Smile Use to use the original XBMC for my first Xbox. Mediaportal is nice for the amount of customization it has but it's a bit overwhelming.
Oh, I had another quick question.

I'm using the option to have my TV match the refresh rate of my movies. I'm pretty much going to leave it on even if there is no fix for this problem cause it removes almost all of my judder which I've had major problems with in the past.

The problem is some movies I have weren't recorded properly, specifically the refresh rate is off (an example I have is my copy of Titanic which was done at 25FPS). So when I go to play one of these movies it puts my TV into 1080i @ 60Hz and the movie becomes boxed.

Other than temporarily disabling the option to match the refresh rate for these movies is there anything else I can do?
Just updated to the Dharma beta and I'm having a similar problem as Axodious, except with IMDB instead of TMDB.
If I refresh/add a new movie it will come up blank in the Library (like in the screenshot Axodious posted). In movie information Studio, Year, Runtime, Plot plus Thumb and Fanart are there but no movie Title and other info.

Here is the log

Thanks
I have the same problem with missing titles (IMDB scraper) on the new mac mini, no problem on my Windows PC. Regarding the movie details (1080p, SD …Wink there are also missing on the Mac version.

Love XBMC :-)

Regards
Carsten