Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Duration - now seconds instead of minutes - why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't seen this myself simply because the nightlies are disabled but someone has just brought this to my attention -

furii Wrote:not sure if this has been discussed yet or not but there's been a change to the duration handling in the database: http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/33384

resulting in this:

Which looks awful even if I remove the 'MINS' at the end - who wants/needs to know about the seconds?

Thanks.
Because people like to change things without thinking how they effect everyone else is my guess Smile. And yes confluence also suffers from this as does PM3.HD

I don't know about you but surely 'minutes' or 'hours/minutes' would be more preferable?
I actually think that pretty much everywhere you look (online movie sites, cinema webpages) they pretty much all have what we used too minutes only And I totally agree that seconds is completely unneeded.
we are storing in seconds, since it's damn handy for short clips... we should ofc make it easier on you guys, in particular, the info label should be changed back and a new one introduced.
So we don't have to worry about making any changes ready for Dharma?
need to discuss with jonathan.
OK, thanks.
Will look at this over the weekend - it'll be fixed up for Dharma b2.
What if the duration was stored as hours, minutes and seconds the same as system time?

ie ListItem.Duration(hh:mmConfuseds)

That way the skinner can use it however he pleases.

I'd use it something like this for the video info screen -

PHP Code:
<control type="label">
    <
label>$INFO[ListItem.Duration(hh),]</label>
    <
visible>!StringCompare(ListItem.Duration(hh),00)</visible>
</
control>

<
control type="label">
    <
label>$INFO[ListItem.Duration(mm),]</label>
    <
visible>!StringCompare(ListItem.Duration(hh),00) + !StringCompare(ListItem.Duration(mm),00)</visible>
</
control>

<
control type="label">
    <
label>$INFO[ListItem.Duration(ss),]</label>
    <
visible>!StringCompare(ListItem.Duration(hh),00)</visible>
</
control

That would cover movies, episodes and clips -

2h 23m (seconds wouldn't be shown)
45m 33s (hours wouldn't be shown)
55s (hours and minutes wouldn't be shown)
r33533 reverts listitem.duration back to reporting in minutes.

Unfortunately it's non-trivial to switch it to using the time layout stuff, but we can look at doing something like that after Dharma.

Cheers,
Jonathan