Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issue with exporting both Database and the video library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have multiple computers in my house, and wanted to setup XBMC on my main computer so this could work as a base for updating XBMC on both my main and my HTPC.
But after i have added all my movies and tv series, and setup a lot of the folders manually due to my file structure i am having some issues.

Basically, i have no problem exporting and importing my database from my main to my HTPC, but the video library and all the customized settings i have made here doesn't follow the export, this means that when i go to start a movie or a show it obviously tells me that the file is no longer there Sad

Isn't it possible to export the video library as well as the database? if not i have surely done a lot of wasted work Rolleyes

I was also wondering, i come from using Mediaportal, and in MP it is not a problem for it to show the movie or series together with everything else, if the scraper isn't able to find it. Can it really be true that you can't setup XBMC to show movies and series with say a blank or custom icon and no details together with all ur other movies and series? this is particular annoying when u are from a non english country and want to add very country specific or old series that aint on TVDB or IMDB.
It depends on how you exported, and what version you're running.

If you export to separate files from Camelot (9.11) for instance, this puts all the metadata and artwork alongside your media files. On any other machine you just scan the media in and you're done.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Ye, this worked, gave me like 2 gigs of nfo and tbn files though Laugh

Thx