Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help getting analog audio out of head phone jack?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok so here's the deal my Yamaha receiver needs an analog source to play music to my other zones, (backyard).

I have tried so many settings trying to get hdmi and analog out at the same time and to no avail nothing has worked. I have yet to hear sound out of my headphone jack at all it could be broken as far as I know.

from what I have heard the analog on my motherboard MIGHT be handled by a realtek driver not the Nvidia driver I have for HDMI.

if i can get a working asound.conf that
  • has fully functional HDMI audio
  • has working analog audio even if hdmi audio is disabled

right now my main concern is having 100% working audio via HDMI which I have. AAC, DTS, Dolbly Digital, PCM all work correctly and my speakers are mapped correctly using this asound.conf file
Code:
xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ cat /etc/asound.conf
pcm.!hdmi-remap {
type asym
playback.pcm {
type plug
slave.pcm "remap-surround71"
}
}

pcm.!remap-surround71 {
  type route
  slave.pcm "hw:0,3"
  ttable {
    0.0= 1
    1.1= 1
    2.4= 1
    3.5= 1
    4.2= 1
    5.3= 1
    6.6= 1
    7.7= 1
  }
}

here is my aplay
Code:
xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 1: ALC662 rev1 Digital [ALC662 rev1 Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: NVIDIA HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]
  Subdevices: 0/1

now if I have to switch from HDMI as a audio source to get analog thats fine with me as I just need music outside and inside the house for parties and what not.

i have tried stuff from these threads
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=5...post513810
used that asound.conf and had my audio devices set to alsa:xbmc tried ALSA:XBMC changed from audio output from HDMI to Analog

PLEASE HELP....

-=Jason=-
I have the exact same issue.
I used the asound.conf in the link which worked fine for the analog, but only passed through 2 channels on HDMI.
I tried the asound.conf that Flomaster has posted and it caused a problem where as soon as I played a file it launched in to a terminal line... Deleted and was ok again.
So I need some help writing a asound.conf which outputs to HDMI and Analog simultaneously, will downmix multichannel to 2.0 FOR ANALOG ONLY and pass through Multichannel through HDMI.
Any assistance is much appreciated.
I have dual zone working with my Onkyo Receiver and Revo. Go to audio output and change to Analog. Set custom on the audio output to:
plughw:0,0
NOPE...... audio set to analog

with plug:0,0 = failed to initialize audio device

here is my debug log
http://flomaster.pastebin.com/0NYz6Rtw

why is it saying anything about pulse audio I don't think I even I have pulse audio.

galactuc can you provide your asound.conf that works with plug:0,0

-=Jason=-
Type in plughw:0,0 not plug:0,0
oh snaps.... my bad
OMG SOLVED.... so i am not getting simultaneous audio via hdmi and analog headphone jack, but I can at least change my audio source from hdmi to analog and get zone 2 audio.

turns out when I was tweaking my Yamaha I accidentally did a factory reset on it and it messed up my zone 2 controls. so its quite possible that one crazy long asound.conf Might output both HDMI and analog for me.

-=Jason=-
I'd love to get a two zone setup working with HDMI to a HDTV and stereo audio to an analog amp in another room from the motherboard audio jack. I'm happy to ditch Win7 and go to linux but I'm unsure if it will work with my hardware setup below. Both this thread and http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70754 seem to use different hardware.

Should I be able to get this to work if I switch to ubuntu or xbmc live?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
douver, get xbmc-live on a usb-stick and boot from there to test things out. I know it would take some thing pretty damn cool to get me to switch from linux for my htpc, at the moment win 7 has nothing to offer that I don't already having using my hardware and xbmc-live.

-=jason=-
Thanks Flomaster, I hope to install the Live version on my hd tonight.

Just wondering if you ever managed to get the analog signal to work without doing any switching? I'd like to send the stereo analog output (from the music library) from the motherboard jack to a separate amp and still have hdmi connectivity to the TV without doing any switching (it needs to be wife friendly).
douver Wrote:Thanks Flomaster, I hope to install the Live version on my hd tonight.

Just wondering if you ever managed to get the analog signal to work without doing any switching? I'd like to send the stereo analog output (from the music library) from the motherboard jack to a separate amp and still have hdmi connectivity to the TV without doing any switching (it needs to be wife friendly).

no I haven't successfully got it working, I did get it working partially, MP3 audio and AAC worked great, but when I tried DTS or Dobly Digital I had a terrible hissing noise. It was pretty bad. I changed it back asap.

I know its just a matter of the right settings to get dual audio, but its over my head. maybe when the XBMC audio branch is finished and merged into xbmc we will get such a feature.

have a look at this thread, its very close to working, but not quite
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=6...post614301

-=jason=-
I am also looking for a way to get HDMI and analog both working.

I would prefer for them to be working both at the same time. I understand that XBMC will probably need to be set to analog, so i would get 2ch audio out of the HDMI too, but thats fine with me.

Or even if there is a way to get it HDMI 5.1 with one setting in XBMC menu, and then headphone out 2ch with another setting in XBMC menu.

I have a Zotac ION zbox and an ASRock ION

I have been looking for a fix for this for a year:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=58978
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=75501
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71131
The way I managed to setup HDMI audio to the TV for Movies and 2 channel audio to a stereo amp for Music is as follows:

- in my XBMC Dharma B3 settings I removed Music from the home main menu. In the audio setup I selected "ATI HDMI Output (ATI High Definition Audio Device)" and the ATI card HDMI output is connected to my Sony TV (no home theatre amp yet).

- installed XBMC Dharma B3 as portable (using the -p switch in the desktop shortcut). This installation is for Music so I removed everything else from the home main menu and setup my music library. In the audio setup I selected "Speakers 2-Realtek High Definition Audio" and this output from the motherboard jack at the back goes to a stereo amp in another room.

- setup my Logitech remote's additional buttons with "XBMC Movies" & "XBMC Music" and associated these with F7 & F9 respectively with F10 setup as Shut XBMC. The only minor downside to this method is when the PC starts instead of jumping straight into XBMC, I have to manually start either version using the remote.

It works perfectly and is very wife friendly.

Now what would be really good is if XBMC allowed you to associate different audio output settings to both Movies/TVShows and Music and the output would change depending on what you selected.
only problem with your method is your rocking Win7 and I am rocking xbmc-live / xbmcFreak. I do not have a ATI video/audio device I have Nvidia device on my zotac IonItx mobo

-=Jason=-
Yeah, maybe I should have posted elsewhere Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2