Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What am I not getting about Addons?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody,

Just got the Beta running on my Revo 1600. I see nothing when I go to addons -> Get Add-ons -> XBMC.org addons. Just a blank.

Shouldn't I be seeing a list of add-ons / categories?

Any help?
xbmcHerb Wrote:Hi everybody,

Just got the Beta running on my Revo 1600. I see nothing when I go to addons -> Get Add-ons -> XBMC.org addons. Just a blank.

Shouldn't I be seeing a list of add-ons / categories?

Any help?

Are you sure the box has internet? Do you see the rss feed?
Yup - your debug log will tell you what's going on.
sytanek,

I am getting the RSS feed.

jmarshall,

What should I be looking for in the debug log?

http://pastebin.com/yL6JjsCr

I have 835 errors (only a few are xbmc.org related) in total!

I'm assuming that getting to the root of a lot of these errors, might also fix some of the strangeness I have seen when trying to use the web interface. Sometimes it's inaccessible. Once or twice in Live 10.08, I saw the graphic interface. Now all I see is:

go to addons , xbmc.addons click your context menu button and refresh or force update it. see if that helps

-=Jason=-
Flomaster,

You've come to my aid a few times. Thanks.

I did that a couple of times a few restarts ago. The first time the RSS and Boot Wizard updated or were mentioned. Other than that, nothing.

If I hit refresh while xbmc.org is highlighted and then immediately select it, the "working" wheel spins for a bit...
Delete your addons database (userdata/Database/Addons.db) - you've managed to corrupt it somehow.
That did the trick. Thanks a lot.