Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Setting to save current state
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i had a thought about saving the state of a currently playing playlist. i currently use xbmc in my car and obviously i'd like a way to load up the same track that was playing when i shut off my car. i'm using scripts to select a playlist at random upon bootup and just start playing music automatically. that's what gave me this idea.

how bout putting on option somewhere on the interface, possibly also mapping it to a button on the dvd remote, that would save the current state. what this means is that upon selecting this option (or pressing this button), xbmc would write the current playlist to a file in it's current order, make note of the current playing track, current time in track (probably not possible or necessary, but would be nice), and then dynamically generate a startup script to start that playlist with the marked track upon next startup. this would probably be nice manual way for saving the state and i imagine much more doable than having xbmc do this automatically upon shutdown which probably isn't even possible. that would be relatively easy for those times when i want to continue the currently playing playlist which isn't necessarily every time.

any thoughts?