Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Shutdown/suspend not working in filemode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have my xbmc setup to suspend my htpc when I hit the power button on my remote. This has worked fine in Camelot.
But when upgrading to Dharma beta1 I noticed that this stopped working when I´m in filemode for example. If I back out to the home-screen and press power it suspends fine though.

Anyone else noticed this? Any ideas what the reason could be? Did something change with the keymap that could cause it?

I think I have it so my remote sends keypresses.

Any help/ideas appreciated. Thanks!
What OS and what remote?

There are some differences in the key mappings when you're in a file view, but none that I'd expect to cause shutdown not to work.

It should be easy to find the problem in the debug log if necessary, but this is something of a faff.

JR
Did some looking around and found that "End" was mapped to "Last Page" in filemode now in Dharma. Changed it to XBMC.Shutdown() and now it´s behaving like it used to.

Edit: Imho, it seems a bit inconsistent though, I would expect the "shutdown button" to work the same way everywhere. Wink
Well, well, I hadn't realised that the End key is mapped to "shutdown" in the home screen. I suppose it makes a certain amount of sense. Can we have the Delete key mapped to "Uninstall" :-)

JR
yellowman Wrote:Did some looking around and found that "End" was mapped to "Last Page" in filemode now in Dharma. Changed it to XBMC.Shutdown() and now it´s behaving like it used to.

Edit: Imho, it seems a bit inconsistent though, I would expect the "shutdown button" to work the same way everywhere. Wink
I was sure that 'end' was always 'last page' everywhere but the home because it work in conjunction with the 'home' key being the 'first page'.